SRS How does one who has nothing going for themself...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Merit83, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Merit83

Merit83 Your mama was a snowblower!

Mar 11, 2004
    ...get the girl that has everything going for herself?

I've been talking to this girl for the past month or so. Nothing to serious, but she's a really awesome girl and I'm beginning to like her alot. However, as we have been getting to know more about each other I just have this feeling that she is going to lose interest in me the more she learns.

I'm about 4 years older than her and she probably has more going for her than I do. I wasn't really serious about my life throughout highschool and after highschool and I've pissed away most of the past 3 years. I've since cleaned up alot of my mistakes and on my way down the right path, but my struggle is far from over, it's just beginning. It may be that I'm just so ashamed of myself that I'm just too nervous to let her know these things. But, I can't help but constantly think about how we come from 2 different worlds but also share the same morals and ideals.

She will be leaving this weekend to go back to school, and while it's only about 2 hours away, I don't know if I will have the strength and time to deal with a long distance relationship. Or even if she'll be interested in one.

I know there's nothing I can really do, but keep striving to better myself and just let things run it's course and see where they go. I just needed to get this off my chest.
  2. Fiya

Fiya Guest

Long distance relationships are hard, especially if you don't really have a 'relationship' to begin with. If you're just talking/getting to know this girl, then it's probably best just to wait it out. As in, if she's worth the wait, you may still have a chance when she gets out of school, etc.

Also, you should have more confidence. I know one thing is that you won't 'get the girl' by thinking you're not good enough. When you feel confident, you act confident, and girls like that. That doesn't mean you need to get cocky or anything, just know yourself, and forgive yourself for those past mistakes, and move on.

Best of luck to you.
  3. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    By getting enough going for yourself that you have some basis for self-esteem?
  4. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    I agree with Peyomp. But just from reading your post, I know it's not gonna happen. Don't worry about her.