how does one differentiate themselves when other guys are willing to do anything?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by moses, May 3, 2007.

1. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

example, said girl is a pretty girl who is very social and very good about getting what she wants from other guys. As a guy you don't wanna be like every other chump out there that is at her feet willing to do whatever she wants, you see these other guys trying to buy her affection. So you think to yourself, "well by not buying her shit all the time, and at her disposal is how i'll be different" but does that shit really work?

How does one differentiate themselves from that?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You be yourself.

/thread

3. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Easy, do the opposite. Example:

The last girl I was with was the type of girl that guys trip over each other to do things for and do whatever they can to get her attention. I did the opposite. She came out with friends and I one night, one guy would get up so she could sit (more people then chairs), she then goes to get a drink or whatever, and I snag her seat. She comes back and all the guys are telling me to move. I tell them to go fuck themselves. They are all over her on the dance floor, I dance with other girls, but look in her direction/smile (she looks in mine while being swarmed by the other guys), then she drags me to the middle to dance. Other guys buy her drinks, I take her drinks (that other guys gave her) and drink them. I was the one that got her.

4. percent

percent deluded

Yea, you got it. If she is constantly being pestered by guys trying to buy her affection, don't pester her and don't treat her like a queen. Make yourself available sometimes, but don't be a bother. Bust her balls a bit here and there to let her know you are fun.

If she likes you, she'll start pursuing you and you'll be the one with control in the relationship (the way it should be). This isn't guaranteed to work, but buying her affection is pretty much guaranteed to fail.

Don't freak out if she ignores you or anything. Huge turn off. Acting cool the first time may make her like you more. But if she continues to ignore you, its for a reason and its time to give up and move on.

5. frpSpore

frpSpore New Member

Deny her what she wants and she will be like, "That's interesting. This guy won't cave. I'm gonna have to try harder" It will stimulate interest or at least make her curious. Thats a start.

6. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

she's pursued me before, got close and backed away. Now when i try to just do my thing she'll call me and be all sweet. Sometimes she'll call and say that she forgot why she called me, but i'm wondering if this is her kinda checking to see if i'll answer the phone or if i'm busy.

7. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

let her go. you can't get a girl once you care this much. move on.

8. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Provided "yourself" isn't desperate or needy.

When a man attempts to buy a woman's affections, he is communicating to her that she is of greater worth than him, which transfers all the power to her.

9. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

Myself is a good person whom chicks seem to dig. But i guess since this is the one that I actually like, its destined not to work out :hs:

10. Self-Fulfilling prophecy FTMFL.

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

its is very difficult to experience success when you are focused on one woman

what you need is an overall dating strategy that involved many women

12. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

i'm working on that, but its just frustrating when you really want things to work with one, you shut out others without even realizing it.

13. Tiresias

Tiresias New Member

I've found some success by differentiating myself from the other guys by coming off as not relying on fawning over them to impress upon them my interest. Really talk to them, listen to them, make jokes, but do your own thing. Get up and go to the bathroom, leave the party early if you want to. Girls can find any number of chumps willing to fetch their mail on demand. They want someone they have to pursue, but most of all, they want to feel pursued by someone who could be pursuing someone else. Someone who could have gone after other girls, but he chose her.

Bottom line: if she's interested in you, then you shouldn't need to pretend like she's dirt, nor do you need to buy her everything. Just present who you are, in the most natural form, and if you start to doubt your confidence or think she's out of your league, remember: YOU'RE ALREADY NOT FUCKING HER.

14. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

actually, we've been intimate.

15. Tiresias

Tiresias New Member

I was speaking more to the general realm of males towards the end of that post. However, I could ask to differentiate: were you intimate with her, or are you intimate with her? Get my difference?

16. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Instead of doing more, just learn to do the right things. 99% of those guys are doing all the wrong things... they dont 'get it'. You'll stand out immediately.

17. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Yes.

Relax and do your thing. Take action when you need to.