How does a divorce work?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Rumors, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Rumors

Rumors Guest

Can my dad just kick out my mom?

2. BiffHenderson

BiffHenderson New Member

It depends... If things are messy, it will have to go court. Arbitration is a possibility if they're both willing to sit down and try to work things out.

I've never been through it, so I'm not 100% sure.

Hope things work out...hang in there.

3. Rumors

Rumors Guest

4. DesignerAddic71

DesignerAddic71 RIP Luther Vandross 1951-2005

he can go to the local courthouse and file a dissolution of marriage. you can look up your county's clerk of the circuit court on the internet to find out more information about filing. not sure what state ur in, but it costs around $363.50 in florida. they give you a whole packet of information regarding the legalities and such with the forms. if he wants he can get an attorney to file it for him, as well as help with the division of property and any custody/child support issues. i used to work for a divorce attorney and picked up a few things here and there. let me know if u have any specific questions and i might be able to help.

hope things work out though

5. S4Driver

S4Driver New Member

Tell him that's the best thing to do dude. My ex wiff left me and I made her stay at her parents. My lawyer said it was the best thing I did cause I would've had to pay the whole mortgage as long as she stayed there, plus she could pawn shit off (furniture, your dad's shit).... Divorce is ugly, it ruined a lot of my life. It's not an easy thing to do. I would encourage your parents to try and work it out. They should take a break and go to counseling. Try not to take sides eiter, cause they may use that against eachother, and it will be jsut another headache among many already. Good luck, sorry :wtc: