how do you promote your site?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Tk, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

I've got a personal site that I'd like to get some more traffic to. How do you get your name out? Its just a personal site with a blog and a bunch of other good shit, but I just need to get it out to people and be noticed I guess. Any suggestions?

2. MP

MP New Member

meta tags!!!111

haha j/k

I submitted my site to the free yahoo thingie first, then showed friends, exchanged links w/ people.

ps. actually meta tags are still cool :)

3. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

Yup, meta tags are handy (the place I work at just learned about them not too long ago).

Word of mouth and friends work pretty well. Depends on who your target audience is.

For fun, I promote tekro.com and soloracer.com (friends site) by having those addresses on magnets that I put on my Teg when I autocross. Neither site probably gets any traffic from it, but it at least gets the names out ("Hey! You're the Tekro guy!").

For rsbauer.com, I just keep it low key. I'll tell friends, neighbors, bosses, students (I'll take class notes on a notebook and if anyone asks, I'll give them the URL), co-workers, and thats about it. If others find it then thats cool.