how do you play/counter the "hard to get" game?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by driftwell, Feb 14, 2006.

1. driftwell

driftwell New Member

i've tried... all of sudden acting uninterested.... which under other circumstances have worked great for me..... but i think that the girls feel like i've given up to easy when i do this...

i've also tried being persistent... but then i feel like i start to seem pathetic

anyone?

2. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

I know exactly how you feel mang.

Like people say be aggressive but then you see that as pathetic. Then a guy will be very stand-offish, and they're known as a pussy. It's hard to walk that fine line.

3. driftwell

driftwell New Member

i mean i understand why they play these games... it fills their need for attention, they want to see if you're willing to put the energy in towards a potential relationship, they like to see how much power they have over you... etc..

how do you play such a situation right? how do you come off as independent, while not seeming pathetic, yet worthy of a future relationship?

has anyone called them out on their game? if so.... how or how WOULD you do so? I've been toying with that idea and just straight calling them out on it.... but not quite sure how to do it or how that would turn out

4. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

You need to find a middle ground. Don't act totally uninterested but don't be overly persistant either. Basically just go out and have your own life and try not to spend so much time thinking about the girl. Don't call her every day, make it every few days and don't sit around all day talking to her online. Flirt when you see her but don't go overboard. Don't spend lots of time trying to find ways to do things for her or stuff to buy for her (unless she is your gf). Girls don't want guys to throw themselves at them and act all desperate for their attention. You need to have other things going on in your life besides just trying to hook up with chicks and they need to see that.

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

how about... stop playing games? and if someone decides they want to play these childish games with you then move on?

Really...it is that simple.

6. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

practice.... baby, comes from your heart and your brain, whit mixed with charm and a slight bit of ball busting

7. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Not everyone believes in the same "waiting for the right one to come along" like you. Maybe the "hard to get" is just an autopilot emotion that the girl does when guys approach her....and she is testing who can push her buttons the right way.

8. MrInconsistant

MrInconsistant New Member

i'd say fuck it, if she's playing games before you're even dating, it's probably only going to get worse

but hey, that's probably why i'm alone on v-day

9. Gadget

Gadget New Member

10. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Yup. Good advice from him at www.DocLove.com as well.

Sounds like you are going too far or not far enough, so maybe you can post details of a failed encounter so we can give you some real feedback???

11. Tony Stark

Tony Stark John McCain has an illegitimate mexican baby

there is always rape

12. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

great advice. show that you're interested but also live your own life as well. have personal goals and work towards making yourself better. girls want someone who is self-motivated and successful in life with goals, not a chump sitting aorund dreaming about this "dream girl" he wishes he had.

13. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

You have to be consistent, or at least subtle. It's pretty obvious that something is up if you are hanging all over her one day and being cold the next. They'll assume something went wrong and you really aren't interested all of a sudden, rather than just having to wonder if you are or not. Or else they will just think you are mentally unstable.

Persistence does not work. It is more accurately called "begging."

14. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

How about: Don't play games.

15. NCS

NCS Active Member

everyone who is good at dating regurgitates the same principles.

but it comes down to this: work on YOURSELF, not on the situation or girl. be the man you want to be.

how does this apply to your situation? a lot of advice i give to people is in the first step is talk to them as if they were male friends (but ignore all the "guy" stuff). what i mean by this is, do you ever ask your male friends "hey, how about blabla on sunday? no? well what about monday"? you know, maybe you do, maybe you don't, but dont vary it for the women. Be calm and natural. They are people and just treat them as such.

Someone here said "don't play games." He is right. But you'd never hunt down a guy to just hang out with him, right? You'd never act different just to impress them, right? so why the fuck are you doing it with girls.

16. Mogizide

Mogizide You want antidote, I got the poison.

Hard to get isn't necessarily a game..

At work there is this real cutie thats had an on/off crush on me almost as long as ive been there.. which wouldn't be a problem except shes not just a co-worker, but the boss's daughter. So the first thought in my head is 'off limits'. So I really try to concentrate on my work, but sometimes I really can't help myself. So whenever we do talk, its usually full of smiles and open flirting. 'I' know that im probably not going to go for it, but she doesn't and that probably confuses/intrigues her a little.

The point is I go to work to work and not to meet women.. and thats what I do. I have other important things going on and im not stuck up her ass all the time. We usually only have time for a quick chat. But she knows im attracted to her because of the way we talk and act and that just makes her (accidently) want me more. Now you could cut the sexual tension in that place with a knife.

17. stevogabe

stevogabe OT Supporter

:werd:

18. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

If you can't be yourself naturally and comfortably then what have you lost? Relationships do take work... thats a given but you shouldn't have to watch and question every move you make at the possiblity of losing someone. What are you building on at that point?

It boils down to the fact that if the sparks are there and you both care, it's not going to matter. You should be with someone you can be comfortable with.