SRS How do you 'market yourself?'

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kdrweez, Apr 14, 2009.

1. kdrweez

kdrweez New Member

I've heard this enough times, I've decided to give it some thought. I'm fine with myself, but I'm unemployed, just finished a [good/real] marketing degree (hence why I'm interested), and looking to amuse myself. I like to constantly improve, and push myself, so why not?

My friends/family/professors always show me various examples as to why they think I'm great in my field, but I almost never bothered to really develop such concepts for myself. To be honest, I often feel as though the only time I really kill it at getting (as opposed to passively letting) others to buy up what I have to offer is when I've given presentations, where I assume I'll be able to go over the top and say whatever the hell I want. Example:

Person in public:
    "That's fascinating that you do that, I've read about that and learned some myself." (followed by continuation of a boring conversation)

School presentation:
    "You ever wonder why this doesn't work? Well LET ME SHOW YOU!" (followed by a response of :rofl: and :naughty:)

I could ramble all day...so what's it mean to market yourself?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Lets talk about mountain climbing, we talk and bla bla bla and in the end of the day you still haven't climbed the mountain,so what went wrong?

Reach out your hands and do an effort. This is something you forgot to do, if you don't put yourself under pressure and if you don't demand results from yourself you wont get anywhere. Less to no talking, more action.

Be hungry for results. Without this strong willed hunger for results your life will go nowhere. Becarefull were you point this sword tho ,but finally do get your butt in gear, no more words but action.

Always be on the move, think while your moving on what best next move to make. From this point on the most important thing is to go forward.

The same counts for marketing if you dont make a move to get yourself known you will remain to be unknown. The exact formula doesn't exist because markets always change, just do what you think fits best, that allows you also to be more creative.

Perform actively and read the best books is my device.

3. bs2100

bs2100 New Member

I thought this thread was going to be about billboards and putting your face on urinal cakes.

4. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

I'm terrible at marketing myself in my resume. If I do get an interview, then I shine better.