SRS How do you know when it's over?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Killa B, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Killa B

Killa B Abuse This!

I'm at a crossroads with this girl that I've been involved with off and on for years. Things were starting to look up the last couple of months, but lately she tells me she wants to hang, then avoids me and doesn't call me back. I guess what really bothers me is that there is no passion. I get a kiss goodbye everytime we hang but in four months of dating that's it. Keep in mind that me and this girl used to have sex 3 to 4 times a week when we were together. I guess I don't want to keep thinking theres something there if there isn't, and the bad thing is that she won't really talk to me about it. I would really like to date someone right now, because I miss the affection and the comfort of it. What do you guys think? :hs:

2. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

It sounds like you should probably cut it off and move on. You broke up for a reason im sure, and in my experience, most relationships that are on and off consistantly will eventually die. If you keep hanging out with this girl, it just prolongs the situation to a point where you are eventually gonna get burned so much you will hate her. I have been through it.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

those lightswitch relationships aren't satisfying aren't they? You see, once you or a girl breaks up with you it's proof that the two of you aren't meant to be. In the future when a break up occurs, leave her and never look back and go with another girl.

4. RyeBread

RyeBread If you tell the truth you don't have to remember a

sounds like her needs of you are being met, as you let her hang. where as one of your needs (at least) re: physical contact/intamacy is not.

it's over.

5. *twinkles*

*twinkles* Guest

It has to be hard to decide when you can't even get her to talk about it. Bottom line tho if you aren't getting what you need emotionally then its time to move on.

6. CopenKagan

CopenKagan OT Supporter

I'm going to have to agree with everyone. I would just cut your losses and find someone else. Doesn't sound like she is interested and you're just setting yourself up for a world of hurt down the road.

7. erynne936

erynne936 my av is a car, but i'm a girl. stop calling me b OT Supporter

if you have to ask, then its over.

8. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

I think she has basically abandoned you. Time to drop out.

9. Killa B

Killa B Abuse This!

There you go :bigthumb:, naw I'm gonna back off and see what happens. It doesn't seem like she's interested anymore and if that's the case there's no reason for me to be around anymore. I already have so much invested with this girl so it's hard just to walk away, but I am at the point where I want a girl in my life again

10. It's pretty much obvious when it seems like being in the relationship is more of a chore than a privilege. If you feel as though you've tried your hardest and she's not being responsive to that...then obviously you and her on a different page and there's no use in waiting around hoping you two will be on the same one.

If you want a relationship, cut your lossess with this one and move on. Don't quickly jump in to a new one because you might not be ready for that and that's not necessarily fair to you or the new person you'd be desiring to date. And, if you find someone you have interest in it'd be nice to let them know the situation so there wouldn't be any confusion or complications from your past relationship and its effects interfering in your new one.

Obviously you've loved this girl very much or you would have let go by now. There's no disputing that. But sometimes love just isn't enough. Obviously, that seems to be the case in your situation. And sometimes it has to be enough to just pack away all the good times, memories and all that good stuff, tuck it away inside of you and keep the person with you that way. It seems to be the most rational solution here in your case. :hs:

11. Killa B

Killa B Abuse This!

Yeah I feel like I'm too late, and that a lot has changed and your right sometimes love isn't enough if that doesn't matter to the other person. I put myself in the position I'm in, Hopefully I will learn from this :)

12. I think it's over. I think you're free to do as you please.

13. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

move on buddy, staying in this relationship could only urt you more.