how do you know that person is the one...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by johndoe1999, Aug 18, 2005.

1. johndoe1999

johndoe1999 New Member

lets say you have a gf/bf and he or she is your first for everything(sex, first kiss, etc). Say you've been going out for 5 years already... and you tell people that she is "the one" and she is "the best". for you guys.. how do you know that she is "the one" if you've never been with anybody else and how can you justify "the best" if you have no prior experiences to compare with? so technically, it wouldnt be considered the best.. it would only be whats you find as satisfactory? same question for girls also.

sorry if this question came out sounding bad as i'm not trying to offend anybody.. i'm just curious.

2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

there is no best. "the one" is the person that you want to spend your life with.

3. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Exactly. It won't matter whether you've been with 1 girl or 1000, you can still never be certain they are THE ONE if you think like that because theres still about 3 billion others out there ...

Go with how you feel.

4. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Haha, yea you can be certain, and you will just know. Put all feelings aside, and what you want aside...sometimes you just KNOW. I have no doubts about my SO, none. It hasnt even been a question in my mind that we were designed for each other. We have too many far out things in common, we check and balance each other everywhere necessary. If I fall short on something, she is there, and vice versa. We are from completely different parts of the country, had led completely different lives, and every past experience fell into place so that when we did meet each other we KNEW it was meant to be.

If I wasnt 500% sure she was the one, I wouldnt be marrying her. For those that say you dont know, you just have to go with how you feel...:rofl: thats a horrible thing.

I have also talked to many older people (65+) about this in the past because I had girls I thought and felt were the ones. Each one told me the same thing, that you should put feelings aside, and if she is the right one, you will know beyond a shadow of a doubt.

If she is right, you will KNOW not only with your heart, but with your whole being. Don't let emotions overshadow the truth just because you WANT someone, thats why so many people get divorced these days.

5. Dragknee66

Dragknee66 OT Law Enforcement Crew

After dating for like 10 years and your still together.. that might be a sign of wanting to be together forever :big grin:

6. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:ugh: thats a sign of fear of committment or other problems...

But hey, I guess every realtionship is different, thats just how I would see it.

7. themacstallion

themacstallion The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate

/thread

8. Azn_azzho

Azn_azzho New Member

i think i have found my the one. actually i ahve always known she is when i broke up with her and reflected back to what she has done for me. :wtc:

9. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

qft

10. IntakeBabYee

IntakeBabYee New Member

You just know it.. It's a feeling and when your with that person you feel comfortable and think about it. Five years is a long time, and i have been with my first boyfriend, for five years and i planned on marrying him in a couple of years. We are in a long distance relationship, he's six hours away from me due to college, but he's moving up here next month.. Sometimes it's hard to say the person is the one, but if you brake up and you guys get back together after awhile, then maybe it's a sure thing. Make sure you want to see that person face for the next 50 years. This is the person u gonna wake up every morning too. Does she make u feel relaxed.. do u feel uncomfortable or inferior around her.. Does she make u feel like the world? Can u not picture urself with anyone else.. Is this the girl u want to be the mother of ur kids.. Sit and think about it.. Do u guys argue alot.. IF SO does it work out or is this an abusive relationship.. Think of factors good and bad and write it all down.. If u have alot of bad more then good gotta think twice ...Hope this help.. GOOD luck