SRS how do you know if you are depressed or have anxiety?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mesuinu, Feb 20, 2007.

1. mesuinu

mesuinu Oi to the world...

Umm, I'm tend to freak out over things that people say (things that I am pretty sure are not directly related to me), and can't calm myself down. I hear something and manage to twist it into some kind of subtle insult. It's really making me paranoid, and sometimes I can't sleep at night because I get stuck in these "omg what if...?!?!?!" types of things in my head.

I have never seen a psychiatrist or had any sort of testing done, so I'm not sure if this is something that's wrong with me, or if it's just normal and I can't deal with it. Anyone have experience with this kind of thing?

2. Pringles

Pringles New Member

well for me personally depression is a mindset. I can wake up the next day and it's gone if not I can go do sports and relieve my stress. My stresses tend to build up in my muscles tho and it helps to just release it in some movement. Yours seem more mental. Do you have a lot of free time?

3. Teddykiller

Teddykiller New Member

Its normal paranoia.

It affects students and those of a high-stress level area of work, your more worried about everything and everyone, rather then actually focusing on your problem, Maybe you just need to chill and realise no-ones your enemy unless you make them that.

Its all as Pringles said, its a mindset, maybe you need to take some time out and try and re-direct your life, it sounds like your living not for yourself, but for what you feel everyone thinks you should.

4. mesuinu

mesuinu Oi to the world...

I'm a full time student and I work part time at a restaurant :hs: I guess it does get kinda stressful. But at least it's normal for me to feel like this. Thanks, guys :)