How do you hardcore's take in so many Cals?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Buddyblazon, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddyblazon

Buddyblazon Broncos Naked Bootleg...FTW!!!!

So...I started tracking my diet about a week ago.

I think I'm doing well. I went to the grocery store and saw my caloric intake go up immediately. I'm eating the right things. Eggs...and egg whites. Cans of Tuna. Rice (the wrong rice...but that soon will change). Olive oil. ON Whey Protein powder. 5-7 scoops a day. All natural PB. Orowheat whole grain bread.

But even then...in these 6 days of tracking my diet...I've only been over 3000 cals in one day. The rest of the times I'm just below it. And I'm eating all the time.

I'm 6...170. Right now, getting slimmed down for my wedding in a week is not a bad thing, so I'm not really upset that i'm below maintanence. But thinking about bulking when I get back....how do you guys get down that many calories?

I feel like I would need a midget with a stick to push that much stuff down.

As it is...I now have atomic flatulence (the bride to be ain't so crazy about that) and I'm only shitting every three days.

I have a lot more energy...but dudes 3500+ cals a day? Is there a trick? Like the opposite of Bolimia?

2. Ferrous

Ferrous New Member

Yes.

:noes:

3. Buddyblazon

If you're talking about the trick I think you are...I'm natural dude. I'm doing this to make my work more enjoyable...to increase my sex drive. To live a healthier life.

I will never be competeing with this. I would like to get cut and big. But not THAT cut and big.

4. Memor

Memor Active Member

more frequent meals

less of being a pussy about eating

:dunno:

5. TZ

TZ Banned

i personally think your problem is that you are eating too healthy. start eating things that taste good, it will make your calories go up :bigok:. drink a gallon of whole milk a day and eat peanut butter :dunno:

6. Buddyblazon

Dude...I feel like I'm eating nonstop.

A pussy? I'm eating some manly meals. With manly proportions. It's just that the healthy shit doesn't have the ridiculous calories of the crap I was eating before (big macs, gyros, etc.).

Maybe I'm not tracking my meals right. I'm using Fitday...the link that a couple of you guys provided. But sometimes I feel like I might not getting proportions or nutritional values right.

I'll just have to put a cooler in the back of my van and eat everywhere I go.

7. Buddyblazon

Lactose intolerant. Think the gas is bad now. Though I just tried this Lactaid for the first time...and it's pretty good. Costs more than milk.

Eating too healthy? I could throw a little of the old crap back in there. I love gyros meat and fried eggs w/pita bread and yogurt sauce. Yumma dum dum. Thats got to have some serious calories.

P.S. Bought a giant jar of the Natural PB. I like it slathered on a banana. I would have no problem upping my PB intake.

8. Memor

Memor Active Member

Just givin you shit, haha

Try to spread it out to 6+ meals a day, like TZ said you can afford to pack in a few more food/drink items that may seem out of the super-healthy spectrum

The more you eat, or force yourself to, to more you'll be able to eat in the future. I know when i first started I could barely get in 3k a day, then i kind of force fed myself for a week, and from then on i was much hungrier all the time :h5:

9. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I also find it difficult to eat 4000 calories. I rely on almonds, musclemilk (with lactaid cause I am lactose intollerant) and flax seed oil. I drink about 3-5 shakes per day because I just don't have the appetite most of the time.

10. Buddyblazon

Cool. I have been spreading it out over lots of small meals...though my first and last are large:

Breakfast this morning:
    4 egg whites + two whole eggs scrambled
    1/2 cup of oatmeal made with water + scoop of ON whey protein
    slice of orowheat whole grain w/ two tblsp of natural PB

Dinner last night:
    T-bone w/fat cut off pan fried in olive oil
    1 cup of nonfat cottage cheese w/ sliced banana
    20 oz of Lactaid w/ 3 scoops of ON whey prot.

Is Metamusal a good choice for fiber? I'd never thought i'd miss my moments on the loo like i do (or doo) right now.

11. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

This diet is supposed to be around 3000 cals I think with 300 g of protein (without taking 5-7 scoops of whey :ugh:) : DIET

meal 1
    6 eggwhites 2 yolks
    3/4 cup oatmeal water or 1% milk
    one scoop whey protein
    meal2
    can of tuna
    1/2 cup rice
    light italian dressing(olive oil)
    meal 3
    6-8oz chicken
    5oz sweet potato
    1/2 cup green beans
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    meal 4
    1 can of tuna
    1/2 cup rice
    light italian (olive oil)
    train
    meal 5
    2 scoops whey, 1 gatorade
    meal 6
    6-8oz sirloin or steak
    large dinner salad with red wine vinegar/olive oil

Just add some fat and you're all set. Example : 1 tbsp of peanut butter in your morning oats and 2 servings of almonds to snack on during the day and you're pretty close to 500 more cals.

12. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Last dinner has too much protein, you're wasting it. Going over 50-60g per meal is probably a waste, it'll get converted to carbs. Drink the shake during the day maybe, it'd make an awesome pwo shake.

13. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

Converted to carbs?

Do you mean that isn't put to use and just converted to the calories it contains?

14. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

For me there's kind of a wall. When I try to lean out and cut my diet back, it takes me a week or two to really get back into eating big. It's like I hit a wall the first few meals and just eat through being full. After that, it's a lot easier.

15. Cyrus The Virus

Cyrus The Virus Sha-Sha-Sha-Shiba

how many calories are you trying to get to?

double up the PB and double up the meat whenever you eat it....thats easy to do!

with me I never had a problem getting the right amount of cals and always felt I never was getting enough protein :dunno:

16. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Exactly. But only carbs and fat are usable as energy so protein has to be converted. It's called gluconeogenesis. Search for it there :
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?p=73362247

17. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

Holy shit thread! :bowdown:

I'll be reading the whole thing when I get home. :bowdown: :bowdown:

18. rebs

rebs shares AIDS OT Supporter

what works for me is taking about a week long eating contest.. I eat EVERTYTHING i can..which is about 5-6k a day..dont stop until you get that great puke taste the entire day..then after that week 4000 is a breeze.

19. procrastinator

procrastinator New Member

Adding 100-200 calories a week to my daily intake worked for me. When I tried to just jump into it I only lasted a couple days before I was back to sub 2000.

20. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

the last 6 letters of your username help, too

21. Buddyblazon

I work in Rock and Roll....I'm the worlds biggest stoner. I just don't think about eating when I'm high. I usually work on my house. My fiance buys me bags to make sure the projects keep rolling...no pun intended.

22. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

What in the fuck, eating is the easiest, most enjoyable thing on Earth. If I wanted to put on weight it would make me so happy cause I could induldge in all sorts of yummy stuff, and I'm not just talking junk food. I enjoy eating everything for healthy veggies and lean meats to cookies and icecream and everything in between.

23. C4

C4 OT OG Aussie #1

the only way i could eat 3500+ cals when i was bulking was to eat absolute SHIT food on top of as much good food as i could find

just ate everything in sight , as much as possible until i thought i would throw up

then wait 30 minutes and do it again :hs:

24. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

eat every few hours.

I quit smoking recently so at the times I would normally smoke (every 2 hours at work, when going to/from class) I just have some kind of food with me to eat for 5-10 minutes and it not only prevents me from even thinking about smoking, but keeps my cals high.

If I drank more than one protein shake per day I could make it even higher.

25. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

eat big to get big. that is all

not everyone is cut out to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.