WEB How do you handle B2B pricing while consulting?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Fishbait, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

Question: I charge $X to my clients for web development and consulting services... I've been working with a fantastic designer but he also charges $X to HIS clients for design services.

When we work together I ask him for a bid of hours/cost for design work and since he is also charging ME $X for design I have no potential to make money on his work that I include within a bid to my client.

How do you guys handle B2B pricing then if in this same situation? Do you work out a deal with your B2B partners that you lower the rate by a certain percentage so you can both have a better chance to make money from each others work?

:dunno:

2. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

As an example; we worked together on a large web project where about 1/3 of the work was pure design the remaining 2/3 of the work was programming, markup slicing, etc...

Since we are both billing at the same rate within our two companies, there was no potential for either of us to make money on the FULL project only on our respective portions.

3. bitchno3

bitchno3 New Member

I would recommend a deal where you two both give each other some sort of finders fee for work you send to each other. This could also work if you send work to him that you are not a part of, or him to you.

If he isn't down with that, just charge the client more than he charges you.

4. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

can't... $125 / hr is what i presently charge the client

5. bitchno3

bitchno3 New Member

then see option 1.

or get a cheaper designer.