A&P how do you guys store extra batteries?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RoudyruffKK, Jul 25, 2009.

1. RoudyruffKK

RoudyruffKK OT Supporter

i'm going on vacation in a few weeks and want to buy a couple OEM batteries. i may be picking up a grip tomorrow or some time early next week but in case i do not pick up the grip how do you store your extra batteries? if i buy from an AD like adorama or BH do they come with battery trays? any company make battery holders kind of like with the AAA battery holders?

2. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

You're talking about carrying extra batteries for your camera, not AA's right?

I carry them in a pocket in my camera bag, just kinda rattling around. You don't need some special holder for them, they're just fucking batteries.

I do have holders for AA's though, because having 36 AA's rattling around in a camera bag sucks way more than 1 or 2 camera batteries rattling around.

BTW: You can get 3rd party SterlingTek batteries for about $10 each that will perform just as good, most of the time even better than Canon's $80 OEM ones. Save that money for a 200 f/2 or a 600 f/4 or something.

3. RoudyruffKK

RoudyruffKK OT Supporter

yea canon 511a batteries .... it doesn't do any damage to the contacts with them moving around in a bag?

4. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

The contacts are recessed a little bit, I obviously wouldn't throw them in a pocket with a bunch of metal shavings or lose change or something, but I've never had a problem with them shorting out.

5. RoudyruffKK

RoudyruffKK OT Supporter

that's good to know. any experience with aftermarket batteries? or do you guys usually go OEM?

6. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

I've owned probably half a dozen SterlingTek batteries between my 400D and 40D and 2 Canon OEM's--the one that came with each camera.

The only differences I have noticed is that my SterlingTek's last significantly longer; sometimes almost double. Also the SterlingTek's are a slightly ugly army green color when placed next to the OEM's. That being said, the batteries in my camera right now are SterlingTek's and my OEM is sitting as a backup in my bag.

7. RoudyruffKK

RoudyruffKK OT Supporter

:bowdown: http://www.sterlingtek.com/twocabp18bap.html 2 batteries for only around $24, i'm glad i asked :bowdown:

8. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

bookmarked :cool: