How do you guys get back into the gym?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by thisgsx, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

Well I injured my back a few weeks ago (im recovered now) and now I feel lazy as fuck. Even though the gym is on the way home from work I zoom right pass it, in a hurry to get home and relax. What do you guys do to get you motivated and back into the gym? And once in the gym do you guys start off light for a week or two and then hit it heavy (back to normal weights/sets)? Do you guys also feel weak and dont have enough energy to get through your sets and routines when coming back from an injury or vacation?

2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I look in the mirror and get pissed off at the weight I've gained and strength I've lost, that is motivation for me right now. And yeah, I am feeling weak as hell and do less excersises and less weight because I'm just starting back. But it'll get better.

3. ralyks

ralyks New Member

I prefer going light for the frist week to get myself back into the groove, then it's all out after that. Maybe you need to eat some more for energy for the gym? Why not go at a later time?

4. JustBlazin

JustBlazin Ironic Punishment

going back after an extended break can be pain, but after a day or so of forcing myself, i can't wait to get back to the gym everyday. the gym is like therapy to me

5. Mojo

Mojo New Member

well, since im heavyset... i make it a mandatory on my shedule 5 days a week. i paid for my membership as well.

i used to watch fighting videos like UFC and that fitness show with milos. great to try new things and learn it as well.

6. tetaplum

tetaplum OT Supporter

i want to get my moneys worth as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.