COMIC How do you get your comics?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Nader_D, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Nader_D

Nader_D HAHAHEHHUH ---- POOOHhHhHHCHhh! OT Supporter

I pre-order all my comics so that I get a 25% discount. And depending on the releases of the week, I try to go to the store every friday to pick up my new stuff. What about the rest of you?

2. Jesterkiller

Jesterkiller ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?

i make a list of all the comics for that month that i want the store to hold for me. he holds them and i go prolly every two weeks to pick them up. since civil war came out i have been going every week though :hsd:

for harder to find books i use ebay or i see if the store can order them for me and they just hold them in my file

3. mooredodge

mooredodge 3,2,1 I'm the bomb...and I'm ready to go off in yo

I'm about two blocks away from the shop I go to, and the owner has a book that he keeps that has my name, e-mail, phone #, and a list of the series I want. He contacts me when they come in.

4. void

void oh yeah?

:werd:

5. Erisu Kimu

Erisu Kimu New Member

When I have a lot of money, I just visit the downtown comic book store and pick up old retro/classic issues of Spider-Man, Ghost Rider or The Punisher.

They usually have these 5-issue packages for around $11 and I often grab those. I'm also a manga reader, so I pick up any volumes that I can't find elsewhere, locally (mainly the Spawn manga titles). I haven't been really digging into the titles of mangas lately due to time, but I'll probably get back into it soon.

I also love graphic novels, but they're so expensive. Getting one copy of Y: The Last Man costs around $40. It's not like the graphic novel is thick either.

6. axio

axio New Member

eBay for whole runs, local comic book store for latest issues and TPBs

7. redlxn

redlxn New Member

I have a local comic store hold mine, with a 10% discount. If i ever need a back issue or want something that sold out i try the othe 2 comic stores in the area. Or i go to midtowncomics.com

8. Optimus prime

Optimus prime New Member

Internet, because there are no American comics where I live.

9. one.nine

one.nine OT Supporter

10. void

void oh yeah?

god, eBay is going to be the slow MURDER of my bank account. i've seriously bought $400 of comics easy in the past few months, but i can't HELP it.

like my most recent purchase, i snagged the current run of the punisher, 20-32 for $16.99....how do you say no to that? :hsd:

11. Mike J

Mike J New Member

brotha gots madd hookups i hear he getts they from ! joe from waterlock elemenry. hes had ever thing

12. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

:eek3: shit i guess ive always been spoiled. what the fuck do you do to fix your craving. are there local comics too?

13. Optimus prime

Optimus prime New Member

Till I was 12 I read European comics. I stoped read comics when I was 12. Now I'am 22 and I start reading comics again. I read american comics. I have read this year Punisher: black is white up is down, Punisher: welcome back frank and 100 bullets.

I liked both punishers, but the first part of 100 bullets was a little boring in my opinion

I read the reviews at amazon and then buy the american comics via internet.