How do you get over the thought of your EX with someone else?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by aCab, Apr 6, 2008.

1. aCab

aCab New Member

My GF and I recently broke up, and I can't get over the thought of her with someone else. For some reason it really really bothers me. I know this is pretty normal, but what can I do? We were each others first.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Get out and live your life so you are distracted from thinking about her.

Get rid of stuff that reminds you of her. Don't call her, text her, IM her, email her, see her, whatever.

Give it time.

When it feels right, start seeing/fucking other women.

3. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

:werd:

And while she may not admit it or show it, she is feeling the same thing.

Time to move forward.

4. aCab

aCab New Member

Would it be too much to move on already just to make myself feel better? I mean, it's not even been a week. But there are other girls I could be with already...:dunno:

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

not a wise idea. If you're talking sex, you'll feel guilty about it later. If you're talking about dating...well, very few people want to date someone who just broke up. You'd be the guy that is still thinking/talking about his ex, it wouldn't be fair to the girl.

6. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

Personally I don't see an issue with going out and having sex with other people after a recent break up (it really depends on the length of the relationship). Its one of the easiest ways to get over a recent relationship, especially if it was your first. I definitely wouldn't jump into another relationship, nor would I imply to anyone that you are ready for one. Hanging out, occasional dates, and random sex aren't bad though :o.

7. aCab

aCab New Member

I don't think it'd be fair to me either to some extent. At least it's not finals week.

8. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

I think you should keep yourself occupied. Make sure you constantly have something to do, hang out with your friends, happy hour, work a second job, etc. Basing your happiness on another person is the wrong mentality. You have to be happy with yourself and with your life before you can have a successful relationship.

If you are unhappy about a recent breakup, jumping into another relationship will not fix ANYTHING in the long run, although it may feel good for a short term.

9. aCab

aCab New Member

Yeah, I've been working out a lot and organizing the stuff at my place. Anything to think about something else. Watching lots of movies too. Basically doing all the things that I never had time to do before. I feel better about myself, but I still hate the fact that the gf is gone, esp. since I can't change my user text :greddy:

10. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

Friends? When I said keep yourself busy, I didn't mean sit at home and watch movies. Did your gf live with you?

11. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

Also have you cut off all communication with her? Are you still planning on going to her formal?

12. aCab

aCab New Member

No, but stupid me chose to be with her almost every weekend. Therefore friends here aren't really as existent as they could be otherwise. Kinda fucked myself over. It's ok. Summer is only a few weeks away.

13. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

Take it as a lesson learned for your next relationship. Now go out and put some apps in for a second job to keep yourself busy and earn a little extra money.

14. aCab

aCab New Member

I'm already working two in addition to going to school full time (18 hours no less). Maybe I need a weekend job though - something to fill that void in my life where I used to spend time with her.

15. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

Id like an answer to this please.

16. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

Yep, fill the void one way or another, but make sure you can stay on top of your school work. 18 hours can be pretty painful with a full time job, much less 3 jobs :eek4:. Get some old friends together and maybe apologize for being a bitch :rofl: and try to get back to the way things were before your ex.

Ditching your friends for an SO is uncalled for. If your SO can't stand your friends, or doesn't trust you with them, then the relationship is already over whether you realize it or not.

17. aCab

aCab New Member

Didn't see that question asked. But yes, I am still going to her formal. It wouldn't be fair to her (IMO) to back out a week prior and make her find a date. I haven't talked to her in two days though. Been broken up for 4.

18. aCab

aCab New Member

She loved them and they loved her. That's why its so hard. They are still asking me what happened cause the liked her so much. She was cool with anything we did. It just so happened that she lived an hour and a half away, and since I was making okay money, I choose to drive to see her since I could afford it.

19. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

Fail.

Call her today and tell her that its in your best interest not to go.

Lets be honest here... you are going because you still want to be with her.

BAD IDEA

20. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

And on another note, who broke up with who?

21. aCab

aCab New Member

It was semi mutual - we both realized we are super busy people.

22. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

don't go to the formal with her. It will make you feel so bad afterwards...you may have fun during, but then when you get home, you will get all sad and miss her, maybe try to get back together with her, blah blah blah, all that jazz.

23. Athlete218

Athlete218 New Member

this is waht is killing me now.......well, one of the things. i just got out of a 6 yr relationship & the 2 things that are tough are 1) the thought of her w another guy & 2) Today....Sundays....it used to be our day together & we'd just go out & spend time together b/c it was both of our days off. Even if it was just go to the grocery or target to get a few things, it was still spending time together.

24. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

don't go to her formal, dude. seriously. don't do it.
    it's completely understandable for you to back out. she CAN find another date at this short notice, and probably will if given the chance.

i bet you don't want her to though, because you still want to be the guy for her. get over yourself and let the both of you move on.

25. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

We told you already in your other thread.

Stop talking to her.
    Stop seeing her.

It's going to take a while for you to get over her and you certainly can't be friends with her for a long time. The thoughts of her with another dude will disappear once you keep reminding yourself to stop worrying and thinking about it and her.

However, if you get her out of your life physically and mentally you'll just naturally get over her and start thinking about yourself (which is what you should be doing) and who you are going to date next; not give a shit if she's seeing someone else.

You broke up for a reason. It's none of your business if she gets with another guy. Move on. Get out. Don't allow yourself to see and think about her.