SRS how do you get over the fear of being dumped?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Want2race, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

I havent been in a serious relationship in almost a year mainly because my last one ended so badly and so abruptly.

Backround.
    I went out with a girl for months. Everything felt great, went great with very few issues. Then one day out of the blue she wont answer calls etc.. no contact for weeks. The deal goes she couldnt tell me she was dumping me but that was the fact of the matter.

So now im in a stable relationship but the fear of being blindsided and dumped entered my head this morning. How the hell do I get over this? I trust her completely. I think the current GF is superior to the previous but yet I cant help but have this in the corner of my mind

ideas? thoughts?

2. RachTyrTaiya

RachTyrTaiya New Member

If the girl before never would have dumped you, you wouldn't have the one you do now. You got to stop thinking about being 'dumped' as a bad thing. It not always is . . .

You said you trust her completely, well then you have to stop being afraid and just trust that she won't fuck you down. By constantly being afraid or having this is in the corner of your mind you are destroying this relationship. You may not realize it but you are.

. . . and also as much as it may suck you have to tell yourself that even if this girl did dump you, you would be okay. Your life would not be over and it would go on. You can't put that amount of pressure on someone's shoulders. They shouldn't be in control of your happiness it's just too much of a burden . . .

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  3. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

:bigthumb::bigthumb: Thanks! Very well put

4. RachTyrTaiya

RachTyrTaiya New Member

I do what I can.

It's not easy to change the way that you think, but it can be done with a little work . . .

as long as your good to her she has no reason to leave you, and if she does then it's her loss . . .

5. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

How do you get over it?

Call the ex and tell her:

You: I have the clap and you're the the only one I've been with.

Her: OMG

You: Things could be worse, you could have HIV or some thing.

Her: WTF, you asshole, OMG I have an STD? OMG

You: You really should try to think positive. Get it? Think Positive? HAHA, but no seriously, get tested.

You: *click*...(hang up)

That ought to make up for it.

On a serious note. The current girl isn't going to dump you like that, just tell her that other girls have been hitting on you and you find it embarrassing. When she says "What do you say to them?" Tell her "Well... I tell them I have a hot girlfriend who doesn't have an STD, and she's the coolest chick, she's not a stupid cunt like my ex who dumps me out of the blue but doesn't tell me by not returning my phone calls or contacting me for weeks."

Then you giggle like a school girl and tell her "I'm just being honest, you're so hot." -- then laugh as she hits you in the arm and says "ha.....ha.... you're so funny."

6. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

God, what shitty advice. Mine is so much better. teehee :mamoru:

7. RachTyrTaiya

RachTyrTaiya New Member

lmao

I laughed all the way through reading yours, nice to see a not so serious side of ya : )

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  8. darruss

darruss New Member

Last gf messed up your confidence. Need to get that back. MUST get that back. Nothing equals mojo like confidence. Must have mojo. I wish I could give you ten women to break up with rite now so you could get it back.

9. gogo420

gogo420 New Member

just because someone doesnt have the decency to actually have a confrontation and talk things out like an adult does not mean anything negative about you. sounds like a pretty immature bitch to me.