MIL How do you feel about gays in the military?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by insomnia, Dec 10, 2005.

?

pole on pole, yes or no?

1. fine with me

17 vote(s)
    23.9%
  2. I don't want them around me

23 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. I'm fine with it as long as it doesn't effect their job

30 vote(s)
    42.3%
  4. other

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. insomnia

insomnia New Member

Ibpolepoll

2. insomnia

insomnia New Member

:hsughno:

Personally I don't have any problems with them. I was friends with a girl who was gay... she did her job well, got along with everyone, never got in any kind of trouble. Someone ratted her out for being gay and she was gone within a couple months. Seems really stupid considering how many others were useless but got to stay in.

3. Dodger Blue

Dodger Blue OT Supporter

I'm not in the military. But as long as it doesn't effect there job I have no problem with it. I heard that over 10,000 people have been either kicked out or denied from being in the military because they were gay. Another 10,000 troops rotating in and out of military campaigns would probably help a lot. Who knows, being in the military with gay people might actually make some people more tolerant towards gays. I'm sure if you had a gay person save your life, you probably would cut back on the gay jokes.

4. smokie700

smokie700 right near da beach, Boiiiii

About the people getting kicked out for being gay, Most of these people self admitted. I never heard of someone getting kicked out for being gay that did not tell on themselves(until I read one of the earlier posts). I have no problem with gays as a community but I do not want to be in a community shower with a gay man. If the DoD allowed gays in the military there should be some form of segregation (as it applies to personal issues).

5. Zee

Zee New Member

Heres where it gets funny.....my old unit had a pair of lesbians in it.....this went on for about 9 years......then I got engaged to a Woman in my unit......Our Commander told us that she didnt want married couples in the unit :ugh: Which is NOT against Military regs.......

No problem as long as it doesnt start ot affect me personally, professionally....or the job.

BTW there is a moderate percentage of Military people that are Bi :o

6. BlackBuick1987

BlackBuick1987 New Member

I had/have suspected gay people in my flights. Both were worthless and spent more time volunteering to get out of work than actual work. I don't mind as long as they keep it to themselves and do their damn job, so far I havent seen that from them.

7. LanceUppercut

LanceUppercut New Member

I don't give a shit. :o

8. darnit

darnit New Member

Having been in for a bit, I have seen the whole spectrum in the military. I have dealt with hard workers, sloths, and the in-between, this includes, hetro, homo, and bi.
    My stance is as long as they do their jobs, are physically fit, not a danger to myself and others.. I don’t care.
    At work I don’t want to hear about their personal sex life or stories, and I don’t share mine. As a supervisor, if I hear two people swapping sex stories, I tell them to talk about it outside of work or out of earshot of ALL others, no matter what their orientation is.
    I have had the experience of a very much homosexual guy working for me. He was a good worker, worked hard, and I could have used a few more with his work ethics. But he constantly brought his home crap into work. I sat him down and we had some words. After that, he was all about business. We became some what friends as well. When it was just him and I on duty, we would talk about anything. He would tease me about being hetro, and I would tease him about being homo. But when others were around, it was about work. People notice how well we worked together and one time our boss (a chief) ask us both how we managed to work together so well(the chief knew that I very much disagreed with a homosexual life style)in front of everybody at quarters. We both replied at the time”respect”.

Bottom line, try and be professional most of the time and all is good!!

9. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

If I don't know they are gay, it doesn't matter to me.

When I was active duty, there was a guy I worked with that was caught taking it up the butt by his room mate. Both of the gay guys were discharged. I don't remember what kind of discharge they got.

10. insomnia

insomnia New Member

I made this poll here to get more votes from the perspective of people who've been in instead of people from the outside. I have a feeling they're the ones who care... I doubt many in the military do.

11. insomnia

insomnia New Member

She was ratted out and went to the commander, and when they asked her if she was gay she said yes. So it was self admitted :o

Our old commander was super religious too, I don't know if that made any difference in it or not.

12. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

She could have had that appealed. The rule is "Don't ask, don't tell."

13. insomnia

insomnia New Member

Never thought of that, I don't know how the process works :o

14. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

No clue what branch you are in, but depending on both of your rank it is very much against Army regulations.

15. Nixstress

Nixstress Look at me! I am edgy and stabby! OT Supporter

They may not have asked, but rather compiled a lists of occurances, confronted her with their findings and were able to make a determination of her sexual orientation.

16. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I am intolerant of fags. :wavey:

17. DJ Cripsen

DJ Cripsen New Member

as long as I dont know about / dont get hit on its ok.

18. insomnia

insomnia New Member

Why, if it doesn't effect you or the mission? :hsughno:

19. clever_username

clever_username Active Member

every fag (male and female) i've in encountered in my 7 years of service have not pulled their own weight, were incredibly lazy, and spent most of the workday bullshitting in the smoke pit. and the fags in boot camp just stared at our cocks in the shower. that was akward. and we weren't allowed to kick his ass either.

in other words, i don't want them in the military.

and on a side note, the military needs to do better screenings on personnel; i'm tired of dealing with all these fuckin thuggish gangster wannabes. walkin around with their covers cocked to the side, wearin their pants low, gold teeth, it's fuckin pissin me off, as i'm sure it must've pissed you guys off at some point

20. V!

V! New Member

Has the recent events with recruiting and keeping people in the military forced them to turn a blind eye to gays in the military.

I haven't heard much of "recent" issues with gays in the military...

21. Jyokker

qft

22. Jyokker

I personally dislike homosexuality. I have no problem with the person, just their lifestyle. Nothing will change my opinion on this. I have met very nice people who are gay, still didn't like them being homo.

And see above post by clever_username.

Call me insensitive, intolerant, whatever, I don't care. It won't change my views. :wavey:

23. insomnia

insomnia New Member

I've never met anyone like that on either account, what branch are you in? :hsugh:

24. insomnia

insomnia New Member

I'm not calling anyone anything, not trying to turn this into a flamefest. I was just looking for other points of view from fellow service members :hs:

25. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

No need for them.