How do you expand your stomache muscles without your waist growing too much?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by cntoo, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cntoo

cntoo Guest

What are good exercises in which i could make my abs a bit bigger, they're flat right now. I want to expand them a bit. Should i be using a weight in my ab routines? How much should i do so i don't overdo it and get a huge waist?

Also, what are good exercises for working out your core ab muscles (the ones underneath) as well as the ones on top, both upper and lower?
  2. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

Aug 24, 2004
    by incresing size your waist is gonna grow....
    My ab exercises
    Weighted leg raises you can do these with bands, chains, dip belt around your ankles or a DB between ur legs
    Bar sittups these can be done with a safety squat bar or a straight bar behind the head
    GHR situps, these are done on the GHR bench, put ur ass on the pad and ur feet between the holders, and do situps, I can barely do these, if you can do them easilly put a 25 pound plate behind your head, and then move to a bar or bands and chains
    AB cable/band pulldowns: You can do these at the cable pulldown machine, get a tricep rope and hold onto the balls and crunch!
    you can also do these with a GHRm and bands put the bands behind the fut pegs, your ass against the padd, and reach behind u and grab some bands, then do a crunch.
    Side bends and land mines
    side bends are done by holding a dumbell in one hand and bending to that side and back up and then repeating for the other side
    Land mines are done as follows
    you basically put a barbell in a corner or in a grapler and hold it up above your head, like how a t-bar row is put in a corner. then you rotate your arms to each side
  3. cntoo

cntoo Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.