SRS how do you develope a real self image?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Aug 28, 2006.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

It's not that I have a bad self image, it's just that I have no realistic views on how I appear to other people. I have good reason to believe that people view me as a weirdo with a few loose screws in his head. For example, I am always moving around with my hands and doing weird things with them. Also, I tend to make weird comments about various things. Even while having a conversation with someone, the things I say make them seem to freak out and want to leave, but I don't say anything bad or uncomfortable. My "straight face" makes me look like i'm angry or very tired or something, according to what most people tell me. I also use a very different style of talking. I speak fluent english, but the way I phrase my sentences is very awkward even to me, and sometimes it freaks me out as to why the hell I talk that way.

I always catch people starring at me and when I look at them, they have an expression on their face like "what the hell is wrong with him?" I don't know if i'm strange to poeple or not but it bugs the hell out of me. I've been told i'm very laid back, weird, funny as hell, and even awesome. But when people tell me i'm "awesome", i believe they mean that I am weird as hell and they can't believe they have meet someone like me. I don't want to be a freak show for people but I feel like I am. Not in the sence that I'm ugly, but that I have a very unique way of expressing my thoughts. How can I confirm this? I'm 18, so will the truth reveal itself one day?

2. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

have a pic of yourself?

if you are very curious ask someone what people honestly think of you. it might hurt, but you can, if you want, change all that when you go to college.

3. ay0

ay0 New Member

u got some issues dude... u need to stop givin a fuk wut other fruitcakes think of you. chanves are they want the cock.

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:ugh: Use proper English, you lazy motherfucker! I don't want to struggle through your unintelligable slang!

That said, I agree that worring about what other people think of you is worthless -- as long as you do your thing, are respected for it, and no one is constantly after you for it, just mind your business.

5. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

You sound like you do have a weak self-image. Honestly, I would worry less about how people perceive you and work on how you perceive you.

Stop second guessing everyone's reaction to you. You should be of the mindset that their reaction is completely irrelevant and you stand behind everything you say and do.