How do you decide which products to use?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Seros, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Seros

Seros I have e-tourettes.

I see several products in the product list that seem to serve the same purpose. How do you decide which is right for your particular car? Are different brands better for certain applications (e.g. Product X is better in Y situation, product Z is better for W situation, etc)?

I just bought a jet black car and I'm concerned about keeping the paint in top condition -- I'd appreciate any tips.

2. Chopstick80

Chopstick80 New Member

To be honest, it's a matter of preference. Some people prefer Product A over Product B because they personally feel that Product A gives them the finish they want. But they all do the exact same thing. It's nothing more then a matter of trial and error before you find something you like.

I've gone through several myself and I think I found something I like. I've tried Mother's, Meguiar's, Zaino. I am now using Clearkote VM and CMW. I think it gives me the results I want for my Black Car.

Sorry I can't give you an exact answer.

3. Seros

Seros I have e-tourettes.

Thanks for the input. I'm concerned because this is the first pure black car I've owned, and I want to keep the paint as pristine as possible. Money isn't much of a factor, but I'm not sure what I should be using.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Read through the product list and product review threads, that should help you out some. My current favorite combination on black is Meguiars Swirl Free Polish #82, Clearkote's Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze and Poorboy's EX-P Sealant. Makes the paint look like it was dipped in salad oil, as this pic shows.

[​IMG]