SRS How do you deal with annoying "friends"? Big Rant

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by t-t-t-today, Oct 3, 2008.

1. t-t-t-today

t-t-t-today New Member

I will admit that it is very pathetic how long I have known this person, while trying to get rid of him. I meet him 4 years ago in high school when I didn't have many friends and neither did he. I was younger and dumber at the time, and I didn't know good friends from bad friends so I started hanging out with him. I realized I HATED him almost right away, and I've been trying to get rid of him ever since. He is VERY clingy and came on really strong really fast. He is a terrible friend. He is rude, irresponsible, untrustworthy, disrespectful of my property, and he is very uncomfortable to be around. Even after 4 years I don't feel comfortable being around him.

I can't just avoid him, he will call me 10 times a day and leave messages. Eventually he will show up at my house unannounced looking for me. I have told him outright 3 times that I don't want to be friends with him anymore, but somehow that didn't work. Seriously, nobody wants to be friends with him because he is loud, obnoxious, rude, and very disrespectful. Above all though, he is an idiot. He is an outright moron who just DOESN'T GET IT when someone is dropping hints that he isn't welcome. I have basically separated him from everyone else in my life and I'm just trying to get him to leave. Right now he is trying to start some big illegal scam and he won't start it until I get involved with him. I don't want to do this because firstly I think it's wrong, but more because I KNOW that will get caught because he's an idiot. When I tell him that I'm not doing this illegal bullshit with him, he gets angry as hell and starts calling me a fucking pussy or a fucking nigger. I guess he just doesn't understand that I don't want to go to prison.

I haven't called him in like 5 months, he is always the one calling me. After 4 years of knowing him, I can't help but feel bad for him because he thinks we have a valuable friendship (to him maybe) but I definitely don't think so. He would do anything for me to keep me around, which is why I'm having a hard time just completely cutting off communication with him. What should I do?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  2. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

tell him you've grown up since highschool, and feel the two of you are on different paths, and you don't think you should hang out anymore.

If he shows up unannounced, have him served with a restraining order

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I had a "friend" like that in high school. He would seriously call me like 10 times a day. I was like dude, no.

4. t-t-t-today

t-t-t-today New Member

Like i said, I feel really bad because I know i'm one of his only friends. I don't know what he will do if I stop answering his calls.....

5. t-t-t-today

t-t-t-today New Member

Yes, your right. This is very difficult to do though seeing as how I definitely don't have that mature of a relationship with him to end it with those words. It would be extremely weird to say something deep like that to him...

Another part of the problem with him is that I don't even know WHEN I would say this. Even after all the "hints" I've given him, I know that he would still be shocked to hear it. I think he honestly believes that everything is "sunshine and daisies" between us. If that's true, then that fact in itself is spectacular considering how much I've been ignoring him the last few months.

On a side note: Can anyone explain WHY these types of people behave this way? Is it just desperation? Can they really not pickup on subtle hints that they aren't wanted?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  6. 7960

7960 New Member

he's still around because you allow him to be around. how do you even know this illegal scam he's proposing? when he showed up to tell you, you should have cut him off and said "I want you to leave" and closed the door. When he calls either don't answer or hang up when you realize it's him. When he shows up tell him to leave or you're calling the police.

basically he's around because you won't make him go away. so make him go away.

7. 7960

7960 New Member

who gives a shit? you don't want to be his friend, say it and hope it shocks him enough to think you're such an asshole that he doesn't want to be YOUR friend any more.

there are as many reasons as there are people. might be desperation, might be lack of social awareness, and it might be that he's just an asshole. get rid of him.

8. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Werd. Next time he calls, flat out tell him "I am not interested in talking to you or hanging out with you in person. If you continue to call/show up uninvited, I will pursue legal action". Then, if he shows up uninvited, and refuses to leave, you call the police.

9. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

That's not your problem

10. :bowrofl: Sounds exactly like some kid I knew in high school. He was such a creaper. I was nice to him one day and then he followed me around for 4 years. I would ignore every text/phone call or say I was busy or something and he kept on trolling me around. He did this to lots of people too...even girls which was really creapy. He'd go on AIM and talk to people to get other girl's (or guys) phone numbers/AIM screen names all sneakishly.