How Do You Build a Portable Boom Box Using a Car Battery?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Milan, May 22, 2007.

1. Milan

Milan New Member

How Do You Power A BoomBox Using a Car Battery?

Im in need of expert help. During the summers I often use my boombox oudoors for the pleasure of music along with beer and barbecued meat. But unfortunately the damn machine devours my batteries (which has the same price as of gold).

My question is if it is possible to instead of using 8x1.5v batteries, use a car battery to power the boombox, and if it is possible how do I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance!

/StoneAge

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

if it was me id either find a more efficient boombox or use extension cords if possible

3. Doog

Doog New Member

im not sure how practical it is....but assuming the battery is 12volts and you have a removeable plug from the box..you can cut the plug of on the male end, seperate the leads and affix them on the battery poles accordingly.

I guess you can plop it in your car to recharge it with your altenator...

Im not sure how save this is or practical, as previously stateted...

uh heed with caution

4. delussional77

delussional77 Active Member

so, wait....do you want to carry around a boombox with a portable battery in it? Or just power the boombox using a 12v battery?

If you just want to power the thing using a 12v battery just find the positive and negative terminal of the boombox and hook it up to the positive and negative of the battery. If your looking to have the car battery in the boombox and still keep it portable I suggest you reconsider as most car batteries are really, really heavy.