How do you actually approach random girls???

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Mr.RollingStone, Jul 9, 2007.

1. I've always had a problem with this, not so much wne I'm in bars but I'd like to get to the point where I can just walk up to random girls passing by me at school or just on the street or wherever. Like I see a decent looking girl I'd like to talk to, what should I run up and say to her??? I am very self conscious about this and would appreciate the help. :)

2. Hi, I'm Mr. Rollingstone, what is your name. Let the rest flow from there.

3. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

False time constraint

+

Opinion opener

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Only works if "Hi, I'm Mr. Rollingstone" generates sufficient attraction in her. I would be willing to be that it wouldn't in most cases.

5. vansamirin

vansamirin Active Member

Care to elaborate on that?

6. Please elaborate.

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

False time constraint = saying something like "I only have a minute but..." and then going on with your routine. The reason you say this is because it takes the pressure off of the other person. How annoying is it when you have to listen to someone talk for a long time? It's annoying as hell. But if you say "hey, I only have a second," then the other person doesn't feel as annoyed because they have an idea of when you are leaving, which is soon.

Of course, if things go well, you don't have to leave right away. You also have an out to leave gracefully if it doesn't go well, because you said you have to leave.

But yeah, say you're busy, and someone comes up to you and is like "hey, listen to me talk for 10 min." You'd be like "stfu." But if someone said "hey, I only have a sec..." your guard would be down and you'd be much more receptive because you know it's "only going to take a sec."

Opinion opener = an opener in which you ask the girl for a female perspective on something. Girls like this because they get to give their opinion on things, and everyone, guys and girls, loves giving their opinion.

Sorry for the bad explanations. I'm really tired.

8. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

"Hi, I noticed you were looking at x, or doing y..."

Also, a simple friendly "hi" or "hello" will work. Some people just greet others they pass by to be friendly and/or polite.

The worst you can get from a simple greeting like that is an evil look, but who the hell cares, all you did was say hi.

9. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

That's a fairly normal way to start a conversation with a total stranger.

At any rate, you have to put something of substance forward. "Hi, I'm [...]" is fine, but it isn't enough to get a thread started.

10. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

How to Talk To Girls, by busydoingnothing:

[​IMG]

11. SRT910

SRT910 New Member

I wrote a long ass paragraph before but realised this. Go out with your mates and have fun, girls and other people will gravitate to you, if u stand there like a dickhead and your sole aim in going out to get laid it wont happen. Go drink, dance and have fun. When you go to the bar and get some drinks see what a girls drinking and spark up convo about it, its the easiest thing to do.

When you go out in a group bring a digi camera, we have one out for birthdays etc and girls always trying to get in the photos, what better way to talk to them then.

Seriously i think just have fun the rest will follow.

12. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

:bowdown:

13. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Totally agreed!

14. More&Faster

More&Faster New Member

good post

i really think if you just try to enjoy yourself then things will happen for you. trying to focus on the technical aspects of picking up girls is only going to bog you down. you need to just relax and have fun. if you cant do that, then you shouldnt be at a bar/club in the first place.

15. Don't you think a small, innocuous comment on something the girl is doing or wearing would be better than an opinion opener? I'd think if you approach a confident girl and ask for her opinion, it'd make her feel important, but it'd make you look a bit insecure. It'd be putting the pussy on a pedastal type thing. Don't you think asking a girl for her opinion the second you meet her is just kind of, I don't know how to put it but not Alpha, for lack of better terms? You'd seem much more confident if you didn't ask her opinion right away, at least I think so. I'm not arguing with you or saying you're wrong I am just trying to learn and see things from different perspectives, so feel free to respond. :)

p.s. can someone post some links to good articles on this topic?

16. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Good lord...

OK, time to be a bit harsh. Here's a thought: instead of sitting on the internet trying to gain book knowledge on how to approach women...why not GO OUT AND JUST TRY IT? Learn by doing, or at least by trying!

17. NCS

NCS Active Member

before you listen to any structured pick up advice, go out and say hi to 10-20 girls like this.

walk down a very central part of town, lots of shops, cafe's, etc, and just stop woman (or group) and go "hi, i'm xyz, whats you're name?" you're only goal here is to have conversation and make small talk. if she seems interested, go for a number.

once you can do that (i mean approach, not succeed/get a number), then work on WHAT to say if its not already working for you.

we often forget we're already good at certain things, we're just too afraid of being bad to find out

18. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Falconer, I assume some of what you are saying is based on life experience and it would be disrespectful of me outright to call you wrong. However I don't agree on this in practice.. the opener really does not matter. It CAN spark attraction immediately (direct openers) and it can not do that. Either way it's not a blow out without some kind of actual rejection

19. JohnJohnJohnson

:werd:

See what happens naturally, then go from there

20. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

im going with falconer. Just saying hi my name blah is dropping the burden of making conversation on the other person. sure they can just reply "nice to meet you, my name is blahblah" but then what? Then you have to say something. Might as well just throw the something in your greeting so the other person is relieved of the pressure of trying to start the conversation.

21. JohnJohnJohnson

neither opener = sex

maybe we all axlly agree. i think its what u say next that matters more

22. giz

giz Active Member

Old and outdated. I would NEVER suggest people do this.

23. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

24. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

it works

nothing should matter except RESULTS

we're not going for style points

25. giz

giz Active Member

It does work, but more and more people are doing it everyday. The reason it works is because it comes off as spontaneous yet natural, even inquisitive. But as more people begin doing it, it losing a lot of that appeal.

I'm basing this off experience in the club/bar scene, where I might see 1 or 2 guys a night going around and doing this very exact thing.