SRS how do u handle life after college...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by babygodzilla, Sep 29, 2005.

1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

i just graduated from college and i miss it so much, especially my friends. i think ive been having trouble making new friends since about a year ago. im so used to my clique that new people are so uninteresting. sometimes i feel really lonely, even tho im surrounded by a lot of people. i cant really call these people 'friends', they're more like acquaintances. i think ive forgotten how it feels to make new friends. i just want my old friends back, as well as the old times of being crazy. new people just seem so distant. whatever i say just dont seem to click with them. i know too many inside jokes from my clique. in fact, thats probably all i noe. my old friends are away now that college is over. new jobs, new schools, goin back home, etc... :(

im just wondering if anyone has ever felt the same way. aite enuf whining...

2. crunchy_black

crunchy_black OT Supporter

I'm in the same boat as you.. kinda but instead of finishing collage, i just moved out of a little country town into melbourne. Where i only know a couple people. It's hard for me to make new friends, partly because im fussy..
    Guess you just gotta try and find people like yourself. Join clubs and shit. Im a member of a online motorbike website.. i moved in with a chick from there, i've met a heap of them. Been drinking with some etc..

3. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

man i need some drinking friends. my friends and i used to drink just about every other day. it was wild, but we weren't alcoholics. we forget about everything and just have fun... such good times... :(

4. Fred91GTA

Fred91GTA New Member

Well, I felt the same way after college too. But don't worry. Things will get better. I got lucky and found a bunch of awesome co-workers at my company that I work for. With all the antics that go on in the office, you'd almost think you were back in college again. I guess it helps that mst of my officemates are newly graduated from college as well or under 26?

5. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

maybe... i hope so... i hate readjusting...