SRS How do relationships work?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Jul 21, 2007.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

Is there a reason why I am terrified of having a girlfriend? I want one, but I am just terrified of thinking what we would do. I don't like to go out with other people, so what would we do that could be fun?

I've never had a relationship with a woman either. How do they work? I am clueless to every aspect of how things are done. I am so shy too. I am scared of making an emotion connection as well.

What are women like? Are they caring? Do they enjoy the same activities as men? I read that women are emotional creatures. How much more emotional than men are they?

How sexual are women? Do they want sex badly? Are they kinky in the sack?

How do I find out if a girl I meet is a slut?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  2. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

Woah woah woah woah woah. One step at a time, my friend. Read back your message. Don't you think you're analyzing a fantasy world that doesn't exist a bit too much? The fantasy world I speak of is the future. Let me let you in on a little secret: it doesn't exist. Everything you picture in this "future" period is a fantasy. Reality is the world around you, right at this moment.

Every woman is different in the same way that every man is different. Therefore, there's not one answer for all your questions.

You might want to check out this book:

Practical Handbook For The Boyfriend

I read most of it. It's co-written by Felicity Huffman. It's written in a comical way, but the information within is meant to be taken seriously. There's a section in the first chapter called "Chick Logic" or something like that which pretty much answers your question about women being emotional. For you, I'd highly recommend it.

How old are you, by the way?

3. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

4. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Oh, look at you, all nervous and such!! It's kinda sweet :kiss:

Hhhokay. Lets break this down a bit, shall we? :cool:

Probably. But that's not something I or anyone else could really answer for you... Next!

What kinds of things do you like to do?

Do you like being outside? If you do then you two can go hiking or camping. Do you like video games? You two can find a game you can play together. Do you like movies? If you do then you two can search the local movie rental place and find some new titles and check them out together- make a weekly date of it.

A little creativity never hurt, but you don't have to do anything extravagant or expensive. Girls generally prefer quality time over quantity of time- so anything you can do together she'll probably appreciate.

Well once you have a girlfriend it's all a learning experience- every time. The meat and bones of any good relationship is communication. You find out what you want and don't want from a mate. You want to find out as much about the person as you can- that way you can decide if they are someone you'd like to marry eventually or just date for a bit and have fun with.

You do that by spending time together, going out with friends, maybe spending time with your families and sharing activities and other things together.

I don't know about finding a girl to date- that's for someone else to answer ;)

It's okay to be shy :) Why so freaked about the emotional connection? What scares you so much about having a girlfriend?

We're fun. We're pretty. We usually smell good. We like to do the same kind of stuff that you do, really.

The good, stable ones are, yes. I suggest going for one of them.

As a general rule, I would venture to say yes -but it depends on the person really... what activities are you thinking of?

Yes, girls are more emotional, but that's not really something to worry too much about- unless you find a chick that's a total wackjob ;)
    (though I bet it depends on who you ask :rofl:)

See, it's not an exact science. It's a constant process. Everyone has to start at the beginning so don't be so worried!! We've all been there :cool:

A few questions for you...Do you have a few people that you talk to or hang out with on a relatively regular basis? What kinds of things do you like to do? What interests do you have? Why do you want a girlfriend?

5. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

2 people. One guy, we usually drink a lot. Lately we have been doing cocaine. The other guy, we either drive around or just sit around and talk, but sometimes we do stupid illegal things. My last interest was building and offroading my truck. I want to buy a motorcycle pretty soon too. I want a girlfriend because I am very lonely and horny.

Can you answer may last 2 questions?

6. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

stupid illegal things & cocaine = not how to get a girlfriend

7. Takitome

Takitome New Member

I find it amusing how you act so innocent, clueless, shy and yet do cocaine, illegal things and drink alot ;)

And Lucky Penny didn't answer your last 2 question cause you already know it.

8. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

;)

Stop the drugs and the drinking.

No self-respecting girl will play second to your drug use- recreational or otherwise.

If you want a drama filled relationship that isn't worth the time and heartache you'll put into it then find a girl that's okay with your current activities.