TAT How do people decide what to put in sleeves?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by CyberEye, Jul 30, 2005.

1. CyberEye

CyberEye Oh god, the voices

At the moment all that's on my ankle are some flames, not even any color. I'd like to do something with the flames, but I also eventually want to have my lower leg completely done, knee to ankle.
    BUT I have no idea what I'd want to get done, thats alot of area to cover. How do peolpe decide?

2. Riffologist

Riffologist New Member

just keep getting shit. simple enough?

3. trez157

trez157 You can't trust freedom when it's not in your hand

Pretty fuckin much. Then you can just get filler for the parts that didnt get tatted

4. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

For both of mine I honestly just went to an artist whos work I really liked and told him to use my arm or leg and have fun. With me leg I knew the guy for awhile so I knew what I was getting into. For my arm I went somewhere else. He was a very well known artist, so I was able to get alot of opinion and see alot of his work. I talked to him for a few minutes and went ahead to make my appointments. My only disappointment is I wish I would have went to the new guy for both of mine :X He is doing some amazing stuff.

5. Uthinkso

Uthinkso Tattoo Canvas

My sleeve started as an idea and actually I started both of them with my elbows first. I plan to work down each arm first and then up. Also it was important to me that each piece mean something to me of course and that each arm had its own feel.

I own an engine shop and I am really into hot rods and all things fast of course. So I have thought about my first forearm sleeve for almost two years now. Also it is important to look around at certain works and different artists. While I do beleive in shop loyalty and artist loyalty to a degree, every artist has his or her niche that they are best at.

So that is how I came to the conclussion of my sleeves and what I wanted done.

6. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Have any pics of yours?