how do i take moisture out of my clear corners??

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by TACT OUT, Nov 10, 2002.

1. TACT OUT

TACT OUT Guest

...like i sed b4, its been raining here. AND now my right clear corner for my blazer is all fogged up. how do i take out the moisture?

thanks

2. mc technik

mc technik your purrty...

yeah bay area guy over here too... i got water in my side marker, i just unscrewed it, took out the side marker and shaked all the water. the water should come out through the hole where the bulb is placed...mines atleast.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Also, if you use a paper towel and stuff it in there to absorb anything that doesn't drain right out, that usually works pretty good.

4. TACT OUT

TACT OUT Guest

thanks guys

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You may have to separate the halves and reseal them for a permanent fix. What is kind of funny is that a stock corner for my car was $36 (one had gotten hit by a rock kicked up by a truck) and it always fogged when it was wet outside, but when I replaced them with clears (complete with reflectors so they would be legal), the clears have never fogged, despite costing $22 for both. Go figure.

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Be sure that's all your using. A lot of us have access to heat guns, you need to be careful that you're not using too hot of a setting, you can actually melt the lens.

7. krag

krag Guest

I have a car with stock clear-corners that used to fog up a lot, so I used heated eurethane to seal them and they haven't fogged since.