SRS How do I say "im not interested" nicely ?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Want2race, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

Or maybe I am just wrong.. but heres the dealio.

I had a group of friends that I hung out with constantly about 2-3 years ago.. Things were going well till I started dating a girl outside the group. Then I couldnt stand the crap between my old friends and my gf at the time. Basically I told the GF, I wouldnt tolerate it.. She agreed and stopped talking to the other girls.

Then the girl fromthe grouip called basicalluy btching me out.. and then her boyfriend tried to do the same,. I listened quietly, said "thank you, I'll live on" and hung up the fone.

Now 2 years later I get a call, the girl that started the shit "wants to talk" My problem is I dont really want to be their friends anymore. All they do is sit home and smoke pot, they never go out and they never meet new people. Now that I have seen the other side I dont want to go back.

My problem is I always deal with friends politically. I dont want to say what I feel because its just too brutal. I also dont want to sit and be lectured again..

What should I do ? I really have no interest in reverting to a previous inferior lifestyle. I changed...

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Don't put up with anything you don't like. You don't have to sit a be lectured to and you don't have to avoid her.

You can meet in a coffee shop and see what's on her mind. If she starts to preach or bitch, tell her to stop or you are leaving. If she doesn't stop, leave.

She may have something nice to say to you....it's unlikely but hey, you'll never know till you talk to her.

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Personally I'd just blow them off; don't return their calls or anything, they'll get the hint eventually.

4. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

<Nice Voice>"I am not interested.</Nice Voice>

The wonders of XML as applied to interpersonal situations. Its not hard. Just takes courage.

5. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

You can either bluntly tell them you're not interested anymore, or that you have moved on to different things in life, or just stop communicating with them all together.

6. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

I swear.. its like im trying to run for fucking president and I dont want to piss anyone off..

I called and said not tonight, ill call when im ready.. but i wouldnt wait by the fone...

Its good enough..