How do I refresh in Finder?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cuttooth21, Sep 15, 2005.

1. cuttooth21

cuttooth21 New Member

I connect to a Windows server with my Powerbook wirelessly over the network. Now when I update a folder on the Windows server (like add a new file), the Powerbook doesn't see it. I always have to disconnect from the server and reconnect. It's kind of annoying.

How can I just refresh the window in Finder? In Windows, the equivalent would be to hit F5 or click the Refresh button. I'm on OS X 10.3.9 btw.

2. Click on a file in the window. Else, close the window and open it.

3. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

you could just relaunch Finder :dunno:

4. cuttooth21

cuttooth21 New Member

Figures. That's annoying cause I have to disconnect that network drive, reopen Finder reconnect to that network drive, go to the desktop, launch the drive connection from the shortcut and navigate back to the directory I was in? There's gotta be a refresh or reload or something.

Anyone else know?

5. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Under View, you have three options: Icons, List, & Columns which can be acessed by Command key shortcuts. You can change the view to another sytle, then back quickly with a couple of keystrokes which will force a refresh. Not quite as easy at F5 but it seems to work. I've also noticed that files I save to the desktop don't appear until I actually click on the desktop. Its dumb but I guess that's just how Macs work.

6. cuttooth21

cuttooth21 New Member

Cool! thanks I'll try that. Definltely easier than relaunching Finder and navigating back to that driectory.