SRS How do I motivate myself again?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Wolf Demon, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Wolf Demon

Wolf Demon HURF DURF OT Supporter

These last two weeks I completely lost the drive to do anything and I don't understand why. I find myself skipping classes because I just don't want to get out of my room and leave. And when I do leave I realize that I have to kick my ass into gear and start studying/doing homework, but by the time I get back to my room, I end up doing the same ruitine spending hours upon hours doing absolutely nothing constructive. The last time I was like this was when I got depressed but I haven't been depressed. I am generally happy with my life. I have a job I can go back to between breaks in college which is nice to have with how this economy is going. I have a beautiful woman whom I'm going to marry this upcoming spring. I have a supportive family and I'm not in any real financial trouble for paying for school.

And yet, I have no motivation to want to do my work. Apparently the fact that I'm wasting my own money coming here to slack off isn't enough motivation for me

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The only solution is not to go back into that room, spend your time doing constructive things somewhere else, absolutely do not go back because when you enter that room you start your bad routine. Motivation is all about pressure, in your room you aren't pressured to do anything, this is why you start acting being lazy, therefore changing the enviroment into a place where you are pressured will do miracles for you, hit the gym, and stay in school to do homework , never go home only for sleep.

3. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I know this sounds cheesy, but check out Anthony Robbins. That guy can get you motivated.

Think about the pain (or discomfort) you feel from sitting around thinking "I should be doing this..." and then compare it to how great you would feel afterwards. Usually when you start doing the stuff you'll realize "This isn't so bad. I can't believe I procrastinated this for so long."