SRS How do I make this date a good one?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Sirc, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

I posted a few weeks ago about a chick I asked out on a date. We went on one and it went well.

We've been talking off and on for the last 2 weeks and we have another lunch date on tuesday.

So, because I really want to make this work out well, critique me on my plan.

Her birthday was on the 20th, but we haven't had time to hang out again and I got her a small birthday gift. I have a side business where I write calligraphic cards for rich people who have too much money. So i bought some materials and I wrote her a card out with some nice words of "Hey, happy birthday. blah blah blah."

It's cute, it's got a pirate sticker on it (she loves pirates).

I also got her Stardust the DVD, because she loves Stardust and she wants to own it but doesn't have a copy.

I wrapped it all up and am going to give it to her as well as pay for lunch. I really like her, she's really cool and loves all the same things I do and she's cute as hell. She's really shy though, and it's hard for me to get her to show any sort of emotion.

Suggestions?

2. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

You're doing fine. She just met you so she's going to remain inhibited for awhile, remember people -- even normal folks -- have their defenses.

Ask broad questions about what makes her laugh etc, what does she really like, what makes her smile in the world?

These are all around great date questions, but obviously don't fire them off like it's an interview. Just have a good time as you ask a few basic things, and then listen.

3. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

be in a good mood, take her somewhere fun, new and exciting, you will be fine. just remember to talk to her and later in the night touch her at least once or twice, but not in a creepy way

4. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

Cool. Thanks man.

5. Sirc

Sirc Dr. Hourse Crew #1

The way I usually operate is if I can get inside their room and observe their family, I can figure them out and what they like and don't like and whatever.

It seems she's the kind of girl who wants a hero to be there to support her. She's really super nerdy like me, comics, anime, etc. etc. She really wants a super hero figure, I'd assume.

That could be good or bad.