how do i lose belly fat?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by babygodzilla, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

im actually pretty skinny, only about 130 pounds, but i have some belly fat, probably from all the drinking. i wanna lose my belly fat without losing (too much) weight. how can i do that? i go to the gym daily, i do some cardio on the bike and burn between 150-200 cals. then i do some sit-ups, and some weight lifting (curls and whatnot, i dont really know the names of different exercises).

thanks for any help!

2. rebel

rebel Manchester United > All

this will not go over well

3. Paintballny

Paintballny New Member

Abs are made in the kitchen. Its all about your diet.

4. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

i hate the term "belly fat" because I know people use it thanks to retarded "fat burning" pill commercials which annoy the fuck out of me.

read the stickies.

5. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

clean up your diet, lift some fuckin' weights (get a real routine, not "curls and whatnot"), and work hard

6. The Method

The Method Lurker In Progress

7. Anabolic Pop-Tarts

Anabolic Pop-Tarts New Member

8. Sgt. Dignam

Sgt. Dignam Guest

stop drinking.

9. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

Get some fire and get on a real training routine. Right now you're "skinnyfat" aka skrawny and flabby. Lose some fat and gain some muscle!

10. 98dirtybird

98dirtybird OT Supporter

Wow. maybe the greatest line i have ever heard.

11. Netbastard

Netbastard OT Supporter

Charles Atlas laughs at you and kicks sand in your face while he walks away with the hot model.

12. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

Best possible answer right here

/thread

13. HardTech

HardTech hungry

best possible answer.... which doesn't even answer the original question?

anyway, the best way to lose fat without losing bodyweight is to lift weights. This takes a lot of commitment, so if you aren't willing to spend 5 hours a week in the gym and clean up your diet, then don't bother.

14. Anabolic Pop-Tarts

Anabolic Pop-Tarts New Member

Actually, reading the stickies would probably answer the questions he posted plus a lot of others he didn't even know he had. The reason that people are told to read the stickies is so that not only do they get answers to the questions they need, but also so that it raises the right kinds of questions to ask in their minds. We've covered all of this about a million times before, and at the risk of being rude, referring posters to the stickies cures about 80% of the world's problems here.....

I can't figure out if this guy is a troll or is serious. If he's serious, he'll read the stickies and then come back with some intelligent questions or look the shit up himself like a big boy. If you want to humor him, knock yourself out, but let me save you the suspense - It takes a lot more effort to go into the gym or get off your ass and work than it does to post to a message board. As a result, there is about a 90% chance that anything you say will be a waste of your time.

Ok, I'm done in here.

15. HardTech

HardTech hungry

so why have a forum? If fitness is such a static field, why have there been advances in the way people train since the 70's and today? Personally, I'd like to see F&N be a place where I can share my nutrition and training belief/results. This elitist attitude surely has detracted from people asking questions, which hinders the overall usefulness of the forum.

There are also varying levels of commitment. I'm not going to spend hours reading about what times Creatine should be taken and what the benefits of maltodextrose are over regular dextrose. Expecting somebody to read through everything and think of questions is pretty asinine if you ask me, especially when the most important thing he/she can do is simply go to the gym and lift weights.

I don't know if you ever visit the Computer and Programming forum, but there was a guy a few years ago named RedRooster who used to post in there. He was very knowledgeable about computers and could answer all questions in the forum, but he was a prick of mighty proportions. Whenever somebody had a genuine question, he would simply reply "go read a fucking book". He scared all the noobs away and although he could've contributed a lot, he rarely did. Since he was banned, the forum has grown and is a lot better now that questions are actually being answered.

16. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

17. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

you need to read the noob sticky... you have no idea what you are talking about. you are skinnyfat, because you have no muscle. read the stickies, which will answer your questions and come back if you have something specific to axe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.