GUN How do I know which guns/rifles are legal in CA?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Asthmatic, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Asthmatic

Asthmatic Guest

Is there a website I can check out or something? Or do I just have to ask the dealers?

2. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Any particular guns you're wondering about? I should be able to tell you wether it's legal or not. Don't listen to dealers, most of them are idiots. I can't tell you how many retard dealers in CA still think you can't buy SKS's here.

3. azkk00

azkk00 Guest

I want to buy an Bulgarian AK47 and a AR15. How can I obtain them?

4. Furner

Furner New Member

mostly the ones that look cool and/or go bang are illegal. AR15s are illegal. I would guess that AK47s are banned as well.
    Move to a different state.

5. azkk00

azkk00 Guest

can i move to a different state, and then transfer "title" over to CA?

6. Asthmatic

Asthmatic Guest

TwoGuns - I have a brother living in Michigan that could get guns over there. When he moves back do you know if they would let him keep it? Or how would it work when he moves over to Cali? I wasn't looking at any guns really in particular, just hopefully a source I can look into before purchasing a gun. The Kel-Tech 2000 was one, but im sure thats illegal.

7. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

AR-15's and AK's of any sort are banned. You CANNOT bring in previously owned banned weapons into CA if you move here. No banned weapons can come in at any point now, no matter what, and if you want to sell a registered banned weapon you have to go to a special "Assault weapons" dealer who can send it out of state for you.

And yes, the Kel-Tec Sub2000 hasn't been approved yet.

8. azkk00

azkk00 Guest

9. OPM Inc.

OPM Inc. OT Supporter

Here's the link. :wavey:

10. moosegooser

moosegooser Guest

http://www.barrettrifles.com/images/model82A1.jpg

Just show you how stupid California is....

You cant have an AR15 BUT you can have a semi auto Barrett in 50 BMG ! ( in some areas)

Why? because it only has a 10 round mag, non collapsable stock etc. Dont get me wrong they have banned 50 BMG round ( the ammo, not the barret fire arm ) in some areas (likes LA) This is the first time a single type of ammo has been out lawed instead of the gun.

I lived there for 12 years and moved out ! Now I can have fun with my toys.

11. RocCrwlr74

RocCrwlr74 Member

Actually you can't own the 82A1. If you look it has a pistol grip along with that detachable Mag. 2 Evil features = no go in Kalifornia.

Asthmatic..... If you want a great rifle look into the Springfield M1A, basically an m-14 look a like. Closest thing to a AR that you'll get here.