SRS How do I help? v. heroin/crystal withdrawls

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ExDelayed, Apr 16, 2007.

1. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

My cousin OD'd on heroin on the second. He was my older brother's dealer, and the funeral really fucked with my brother. He finally told Dad and his Mom that he was ready to come clean and wanted the family's help. He was taking it pretty hard, but still claiming that he only did heroin once in a great while (as a treat for whatever).

It seemed like he was trying to finish up some loose ends, or something, like was planning on ending himself. About a week ago, he went into the FBI headquarters in his town and just offered his help. The woman asked him if he had done drugs and he admitted it. He felt really good after being there even though everyone around him was looking at him like :hsugh:.

Anyway, yesterday he went nuts. He tore up my sister's house, put his head through the wall, and then tried to crusify himself for everyone's sins, and then gouge out his eyes so he wouldnt be able to see any more of 'it'. :ugh: Anyway, he told everyone that besides for the heroin once in awhile, he has also been doing crystal, and has been almost constant since the funeral. The neighbors called the cops becuase of the noise, they showed up and the ambulance took him to the hospital. He stayed there last night (and is still there), they have him on some pain killers at the moment to try to numb him down a bit. Its a pretty high dose, since that was also one of the things that he liked.

What does he need right now, besides support? Is there anything I can do to help him? I might not be too close to him, or even in the same state, but he is still my brother, even if he is a fuck-up, and I dont wanting to be doing the same for him anytime in the near future, that we did for my cousin almost two weeks ago.

2. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

3. Aradia

Aradia New Member

I will pray for him...and your family due to your loss.

NA is the best solution known...doctors would prescribe it as treatment.

4. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

The hospital put him in a psych ward. We have extended family as one of the nurses for him up there. That makes me feel somewhat better.

EDIT: I hope he stayes right there until I can get back into town.

5. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Thanks for your help everyone. It looks like he is going to be up there for a little while so I am happy because he is in good hands. From what I have found, he does need to do a 28 day rehab course :ugh: after he gets released from the hospital then all will be good.

Hopefully he has learned from this lesson and lays off the hard stuff. I think there is still some mental problems that need to be taken care of before I will have my brother back to normal.

6. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

\

prepare yourself for a relapse :hug:

i am not being cynical, i am being honest. the rehab center will likely tell you the same thing. I got the basis of recovery in a rehab center, but did not stay clean until i wanted to of my own choice, which was about a year later.