How do I handle this one

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by DrK_Mrk_iV, Jun 28, 2006.

1. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

Me and my girlfriend of almost 2 years decided to take a break about 2 weeks ago. It just wasn't... Exciting anymore. We both agreed that taking a break, stepping back, chilling out, what have you would be a good idea. Basically we got into the habit of me calling her because I was her boyfriend, her calling me because she was my girlfriend... And everything became kind of routine. We both felt like we have missed out a lot with our friends because we "had" to hang out... Because we were boyfriend and girlfriend.

We decided to stop this mentality and take a break. She went on a family vaction (and got sick the entire time). For the first time in a long time I was actually excited about seeing her.

The day she got back, we hung out... Hooked up. Granted we didn't plan on it (we were just "dating" status). We both agreed it kicked ass, passion was there, something we haven't felt in a long time.

Next day. Went to a party with her. Had a kick ass time again. Hooked up...

Well... Anyways you get the point. She left again the other night for a camp of some sort and won't be back for a week.

Obviously I want to keep things the way they are going. We are just "dating" each other right now. Went on our second first date the night before she left.

So... How should I keep going about this.

BTW... I haven't been clinging to her/calling her at all. I've been going out with friends almost every night. She's been the one asking me to hang out for the most part.

OT, whats your take on this?

2. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

you're doing the right thing :hs: keep it at your "dating" status. that way you're not together all the time and getting sick of eachother and getting into this routine and you don't feel that you have to be with eachother every waking moment.

take it slow, fall in love with her all over again :love:

3. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

Well she isn't coming back for a week... So I got time.

On another note... I got 3 girl's numbers at this one party... I didn't ask for them... They just gave them to me. And I got jailbait attacked at another one. :rofl:

4. tominos

tominos New Member

sounds like you're off to a good start:bigthumb:

5. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

so by "dating" do you take that to mean that you can see other people?

And if you do, does she know that? Because I guarantee you that if she finds out you have other chick's numbers, she's going to freak out.

When most girl's want to take "a break" they still expect you to be mutually exclusive. I know, it sounds stupid. But they get super pissed off when they find out that you've been hanging out with other chicks. Its just chick mentality.

And on another note... news flash. Relationships get boring from time to time. After you've been together for so long, it happens more often. I've been with my SO for 3 years. And sometimes you just get in a rut. But taking a break isn't always the answer. A lot of times, thats a deal breaker.

But then again, on another note... maybe she's seeing someone else.

:dunno: good luck either way. be honest with her though, because getting other chick's numbers and then fucking your "sometimes" g/f without her knowing is a lowly thing to do.

6. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

We both agreed that we would try and see other people. Her idea of seeing other people is going on a date with a guy. She's really traditional.

I can honestly say she isn't seeing another guy. She goes to work... Comes home. Hangs out with me. I actually trust her. I'm her first almost everything... She's a good girl with good values and morals. I'm not worried.

I don't know man... For the first time in the last month or two... I've really really enjoyed spending time with her and talking to her on the phone. She also agrees. We have great conversations now.

I've had two opprotunities to hook up with girls at parties over the last week. I literally had to throw one off of me. I'm not that kind of guy to hook up with a random girl. A date, sure. I'll do that. Not hook up though.

I'm not some kid hopelessly in love with a girl. So with all that set aside... I'm really just looking for some advice on how to act over the next two weeks or so. She's out of town (as previously stated). Do I call her, wait for her to call, ect. I mean... She called me last night and said she would call today too.

7. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Attraction has a lot to do with availability. As in they are inversely proportional. The fact that you are seeing her less is increasing the attraction on both sides.

Attraction = Value, Attainability, and Compliance. Spend some time thinking about that.

8. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

Right. You want what you can't have, distance makes the heart grow fonder, yada yada yada. Thanks, but I am asking advice on the right way to do this. I don't want to come off too clingy, but at the same time come off too distant. Thus far my questions have not been answered. :(

9. sassy2424

sassy2424 New Member

let her call, if it has been a few days maybe give her a call to see "how she's doing". Don't call everyday, but on the other hand let her know that you still care by questioning how shes doing- don't not call, she'll think she's the clingy one and stop calling.:hsughno:

10. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

This is my point. You don't do anything.

If you want her back you need to be prepared to walk away. The fact that you aren't making her a priority is increasing your attraction for eachother, and therefore increasing the likelyhood of things working out. It is counterintuitive.

11. MossMan813

MossMan813 New Member

Throwing in a phone call or a text or something every ONCE IN A WHILE to make her smile and let her know you still care is probably your best bet. Just something simple like "hope your having fun, thinking of you" or something like that should make her want to stick around since she knows you still care.

12. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

Ah. I understand. I thought you were just feeding me general bullshit. That's exactly what I've been doing. Sure, I sent her a text message the other day wishing her good luck and that's about it. It's all been her. I guess just keep doing what I've been doing and hope for the best.