How do I get with the friend of the girl I'm casually dating?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by tqpolo, May 14, 2008.

1. tqpolo

tqpolo ***** Platinum Member OT Supporter

What is the right way to approach this? I only met the friend once but I think she's much more compatible for me. I'm not at all thinking of making the girl I'm dating into a gf since the biginning.

2. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

based on my experience being the girl you dont want to date or be serious with, just be honest. hopefully this girl is mature enough to udnerstand that if things dont click with you two that she should be fine just moving on.

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

If you're not seeing anything long term with the girl you're dating now, why are you still dating her?

Tell said girl this, and ask for her friend's number. If you get it, call, ask her out.

Hell, if nothing else, ask what the friend's name is, and look her up in the phonebook or facebook or myspace or whatever.

4. PureEnergy

PureEnergy New Member

Isn't this somewhat like stalking?

5. lauren

lauren Active Member

:hsugh:

vs looking their number up in the phonebook? that's what the sites are for.

6. tqpolo

I told her from the beginning I dont' want a relationship. I'm in it mostly for the sex. We both know what's going on. I added the friend on myspace already but haven't send her a message or anything yet. I can't stop thinking about the friend ever since I met her. Would the friend be turned off I already been with this girl?

7. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

Yeah, that's pretty low and rude. Go find a girl who's not related to this situation. There are plenty out there.

8. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

That would be straight up rude. Pursue the friend without this girl's help. She'd likely be upset even if she didn't want an actual relationship with you either. It may also cause drama between the friends.

9. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

How the hell would we know?

Try it and see.

10. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

they're just fuckbuddies, what's so rude about it?

If said girl wants more than to be fuckbuddies, she'll be upset either way...if he shows that he is interested in her friend, she'll be upset, if he keeps fucking her and gets with her friend, she'll be upset.

Why not just come out and ask for her number?

11. tqpolo

Maybe I can tone down the rudeness by stop talking to said girl for a few weeks then contact the friend?

12. fray

fray New Member

this sounds better to me... but don't be surprised if the friend doesn't trust you or want anything to do with you.

Are you hoping for a relationship with the friend, or just sex? I almost feel like just dumping one fuck-buddy for another would be more rude than if you were hoping to actually pursue a relationship with the friend.

13. tqpolo

The friend has a lot of gf characteristics that I look for so I would go in pursuing a relationship.

14. KindlyCuddly

Because the girl may be more attached to him than what the term implies. And if he's actually been dating her than they are more than just fuck buddies.

Her friend will know if that's the case and he'll come off poorly.

15. tqpolo

This is what I'm thinking too, if I straight out drop one girl for the friend, I would come off very poorly. Another way I'm considering is just talk to the friend and making friend with her while still seeing the girl I'm seeing. If things click between me and the friend, it won't be all my fault for wanting the friend.

16. KindlyCuddly

That's a much better way to go about it. It would seem more like you just happened to fall for the friend as opposed to ditching one for the other.

17. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

The immature route would be to ignore the girl you've been dating or to stay with her while trying to befriend the other chck :rolleyes:

Be a man. Tell her up front that you just aren't feeling it anymore. If from the beginning you told her you didn't want anything serious than you are doing nothing wrong. Just disappearing on her not only makes you look like a pansy, but it's even more rude if you only do it to immediately try and get in her friends pants. Her friend probably would be turned off by that as well.

My suggestons? Tell the girl you are dating right now, or asap that you are sorry but you just aren't feelng it any longer and it's done. Then give it a week and then myspace message that girl (this is of course unless you can see her in person or have her number). When you message her just act cool, say hello and ask for her number. Once you get her number ask her out on a date. She'll say yes or no and you can move on from that.

To be honest, it just sounds like "grass is greener" syndrome considering you've literally only met the friend once and seem to think she's "much more compatible" (which sounds silly off one meeting), but pushing that idea aside you need to end ties with her FRIEND on good terms and then give it a sec beore pursuing the friend.

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  18. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

and if things click with the friend, just tell the fuckbuddy the truth, dont ditch her or avoid her.