how do i get my GF to dress with some sexuality

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Yuppy, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

she wears jeans and a tank top most nights.

but some nights id like her to wear a skirt, dress or something; its kind of boring....

ive only seen her in a dress once, and that was, after much resistance, after i told her i wasnt taking her to the wedding if she doesnt wear a dress

halfway thru the reception she went to the room n changed into jeans

2. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Hmph.

Tell her it's something you love seeing her in?

Fuck if I know, woman are tough when it comes to their attire / physical appearance.

Only other advice I could say is, watch what you say.. and say it carefully.

3. Yuppy

eh i dont have to watch what i say. i make fun of her all the time

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

:rofl:

sounds like she's stuck in her ways. does she feel insecure dressed up, or is it a comfort issue?

5. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

wtf? Jeans to a wedding?
    I could only say tell her she looks nicer in a skirt, dress? :dunno: Been trying to get my cousin to dress girly for the 10 yrs (she's 21 and dresses like my grandma or only wears jeans and a shirt, not even a tank top). Nothing really works, I try to do it nicely too, but fuck if she ever changes.

6. Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton New Member

Have you tried buying her a dress or outfit you'd like to see her in?

Buy her a nice dress then take her out to dinner at a nice restaurant, then compliment her on how great she looks in them? :dunno:

7. Justin636

Justin636 Active Member

I prefer to dress comfortably and most of the time this included jeans and a hoodie. I'm lucky enough to be able to wear this to work as well, and I don't want anyone telling me what I can and cannot wear. I wouldn't do it to my SO either.

However, sometimes it is nice to see her dressed up. Have you tried talking to her about it?

8. Yuppy

yea ive tried, she just dismisses it.

9. Original

Original OT Supporter

You're a guy though it's different. Most girls have an array of different clothing options that always keep guys guessing :hsd:

I like this, though it does sound kinda manipulating. Do it :o

10. kiri

kiri New Member

:werd: positive reinforcement

11. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

NEXT...

12. ElChupacabra

ElChupacabra we should have fucking shotguns

Buy her a dress like Misha's NYE dress. Hell, I wouldn't make it out of the house...

13. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

go shopping with her, make her model dress and stuff for you. Cant hurt.

14. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

I'd like to know why it matters? No rudeness intended, seriously wondering.

15. ElChupacabra

ElChupacabra we should have fucking shotguns

I could count on one hand the number of times my exwife wore a dress in the time I've known her. Sometimes I like my girl to look girlie.

16. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i can speak only for myself, but I'm a bit of a fashion whore and it is embaressing when the girl i'm dating cant get an outfit together when we go somewhere nice, or in general really.

a girl that I'm with needs to dress well.

17. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

and that's your perogative.

What is NOT your right is to force her to change how she dresses just to be with you. Find a girl who dresses the way you want. don't try to change her habits to suit you or your no worse than the girls we hear about here in the Vag all the time who are trying to change their husbands/boyfriends and come here to vent about it.

18. Yuppy

yea it limits where i even want to take her, and for example in the future if im rich n wanna live like a balla for a lil bit she needs to act right.

jeans and a t to the opera (wont go there anyway, but thats an example)

19. Two toys

Two toys New Member

yeah i dont suggest to any girl i'm with that she should dress "better" but I do seek out women that have good style.

20. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Let me just say this, because I am the girl who wears jeans and tank tops every day....My boyfriend loves me no matter what, but I know he most likely wants to see me dressed up from time to time. I know this because every time I do wear a skirt or dress he gets really excited and compliments me all night for my outfit choice.

What you need to do (and I know this works because it works on me) is speak up. Don't flat out say to her "hey, dress sexier!" That will just make her feel inadequate as if you don't like what she wears at all, and that's the kind of girl she just is. What I'm saying is go into her closet one day and pick out an outfit of hers (of the dressy kind) that you really like. Tell her you really love that outfit because "it makes you look so good" or something to that effect. She will most likely be very flattered and hopefully will want to impress you by wearing it soon after. My favorite idea is to plan a date night in which you make the rule that the both of you gets to choose the other's outfit. It makes it special and is really just kind of fun.

You can also go to the mall with her (god forbid) and point to sexy clothes you would like to see on her. Seriously, try one of these things for me and tell us how it goes.

21. fray

fray New Member

I think you need to find out why she doesn't like to dress up. I don't do it very often for 2 reasons. 1) I feel like I have no sense of style, so I don't know how to dress my body very well, and therefore often feel silly or out of my element. 2) I feel less comfortable in a dress, probably due to #1, and also because I have fat legs for being a skinny girl and I ashamed of them/how they look in a skirt.

So, once you know, then you can try to help. Offer to take her shopping/help her pick outfits that fit her and her style, or find a friend of yours or hers to do so. Help her to dress up more flatteringly, while hiding/avoiding that which makes her uncomfortable (i.e., doesn't feel comfortable in frilly stuff - don't put her right in a frilly dress, start with nice sexy slacks, and a girlier, cute top. Get her comfortable in that and work your way up.

22. Jd

Jd Active Member

1. Buy her something you want her to wear.
    2. Take her to dinner to place where it'll be utilized.
    3. Then take her out on the town in it.

After you do this: Tell her lots of people checked her out and gave her great looks. Maybe she'll catch a comment or two :dunno: Women want to feel comfortable, and other opinions instead of just yours can justify reasoning for her to dress up often.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  23. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

be careful. My girlfriend dresses really nice and fashionable. She doesnt dress sexy though.

Its now to the point where she will wear an outfit she knows I will hate, ask me if i like it, ill say it "looks nice" :sad2: and she will go cry about it. wtf.

24. fray

fray New Member

this is think is not the greatest advice because some guys have shit ideas of what they would like their girl to wear. if you're stylish and you're going for trendy/classy and not skanky, great. go for it. but if you buy your girl some little stripper dress (or something that highlights something she hates) and then can't figure out why she won't wear it, then you're just causing problems for yourself.

25. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Im not a big fan of wearing dresses either, but I'm sure if my partner made a compremise or showed me his point of view I'd do it.

What about buying her a dress as a present? Someone did that to me I'd think he earned that atleast for one night

It's just about striking the right tone