How do i get mp3s

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by IanTheGreat22, Apr 2, 2005.

1. i just bought a nokia 6230 and it can play mp3s. it has a 32mb multimedia card on it. I dont know how to get mp3s on the phone though. I tried sending them through email to the phone but that didnt work. how do i do it?

2. L05

L05 Hello

you can use a memory card reader (best choice for a lot of mp3's)
    or
    downloading the nokia software suite and use a dku-2, dku-5, ir, or bluetooth.

3. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

bluetooth > *.options

the memory card reader option would be ok if you moved a bunch of stuff at once, but it's way too much of a pain to have to remove the battery cover and battery in order to remove the memory card on that phone.

4. how do i use bluetooth?

5. Indy Jones

Indy Jones SURPRISE!

The reader works best for me, but removing the backing everytime I want to put something new on there is kind of a pain

6. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

you'll need a bluetooth adapter from best buy or someplace like that.

You'll need to do some major work for this, as the Cingular software has a bug in the BT that won't allow you to connect for more than a few seconds. You CAN connect to transfer files, but if you want to use the phone for a modem or something like that you'll need to hack the BT license, and the ONLY place that had instructions was shut down :uh:

best bet is to go to best buy and buy a 9.99 MMC card read and drag and drop.
    Oh, and the phone will support up to 1gig of MMC, but the bigger the card, the shorter your battery life will be.

BTW, this phone is :bowdown: You'll fucking love it

7. Miller2000

Miller2000 New Member

Does the Best Buy bluetooth adapter REQUIRE the nokia software? Reason asking is that I have the same phone with the same sort of question but my computer is 5 yrs old with Win 98SE and a lot of other slow stuff. Nokia's newest software requires at least Win 2000 :(