SRS How do I deal with friend after friendship

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Want2race, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

For lack of better words I used to have a group of friends that were basically my only friends.

I then grew tired of the he said/she said bullshit and basically dont talk to them or interact with them anymore.

It because apparent today that they talk shit to everyone I know that they can get access to.

This doesnt really bother me but I havent quite determined a way to nip this in the ass.

I am tempted to call and basically explain it in a loud and aggressive tone but I dont think they would be smart enough to understand.

ANyone with advice is appreciated.

Thanks

2. johan

johan Active Member

Do that (the confronting conversation) only if you think it will help you to say your piece.

You won't really be able to change their minds, and following the conversation, they're just going to eagerly spread the word that you came by to blast them with a whole bunch of blah blah.

It's just going to fan the flames, especially in your current state which is clearly very angry.

If they were your only friends, who are "they" spreading bs to?
    Why do you really care what they're saying? And whatever they're saying, at the root of it is probably some hurt over the fact that you dropped them.

This might be a good signal for you to completely move onto a better class of less immature, less volatile people.

They don't sound worth the time it would take to explain things to them.

3. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Who gives a fuck what people say about you? Your real friends won't listen and judge you based on gossip, and neither will people that don't know you that are worth a shit.

Forget about it.

4. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

Thats kinda what Im thinking..

Even if I confronted them.. they would try lie their way out of it..

5. teo

teo . => ? => !

This is only really a problem if you care about the opinions of the people these so-called friends are talking to. Do you? If it's a pack of idiots talking shit to more idiots, I'd be more inclined to laugh at the futility of the whole thing than get mad.

Anyone worth having as a friend will reserve judgement until they meet and get to know you, at which point I'd assume you'd show them who you really are. The ones that are already your friends will realize that they are full of shit and wait to hear what you have to say about it.