SRS how do I confront my mom

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DubbyDoo, Jul 7, 2009.

1. DubbyDoo

DubbyDoo New Member

ok well follow me on this kinda long. so my mom has a company that i plan on taking over in the future. right now shes "dating" this guy, he also works for us. we deal with alot of customers. ive been hearing stories about him being a "ladies man", he owns a store of his own that he works at to. he doesn't do a good job at my mom company cause hes always at his store. ive tried telling her she needs to do something cause its hurting our business. she just brushes it off or tells me not to get into it with her. ive heard stories that he brags about how much money he gets payed and he always seems to have thousands of dollars to do stuff with. im getting frustrated and feel like hes taking advantage of her and im just looking for advise on how to talk to her about it and not piss her off

2. seismic

seismic New Member

Are you concerned for your Mom, or for the impact that this could have on the business that you stand to inherit?

You already told her your feelings and she doesn't want to talk about it. Besides from reminding her again, clearly, about why you are upset, there's not really much you can do. She's a grown-up who can deal with her own mistakes.

3. DubbyDoo

DubbyDoo New Member

both really just pisses me off i guess

4. teo

teo . => ? => !

Well, the business isn't yours until it's yours, so if you're going to present the loss-of-business angle you'll have to do it in a way that shows her how much she stands to lose. You're also going to have to get some hard facts for both that and the ladies-man angle. Hearsay isn't enough. You need stuff without emotion tied in. Once you have facts and calculations, then you can go to her with those.

5. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

I'm with Teo on this.