How do I burn multiple DVD's at once?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by joed1228, Oct 27, 2004.

1. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

I have a DVD burner and DVD Shrink. I do one movie at a time, once the ripping/burning starts you cant touch the software program.

I want to get another DVD burner and some sort of software that will allow me to copy two different DVD's at once. Like X-Men 1 in one burner and X-Men 2 in another but start them at the same time.

What hardware do I need, any tricks, what software should I use? I would think I would need some type of commerical software.

Help me out.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

or you could just use something like 2 burners, smart ripper, dvd2one, and nero.

but then it'll be *extremely* slow because the burner isn't the bottleneck -- it's actually the CPU for re-doing the compression.

You're much better off ripping and compressing 1 dvd at a time, then use nero and multiple burners to make more than one copy at the same time... Of course, you prolly don't want to daisychain your burners for this... and then there's the limitation of the PCI Bus if you use additional IDE controllers.

3. LIQUID

LIQUID #HarambeBless

doing them 1 at a time will be faster

4. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

I dont want to make multiple copies of one movie. Just make one copy of each movie but there are so many, doing them one at a time takes forever.

I heard of NTI Dragon software. I sent an email to them asking a few questions but now you have me wondering if things will slow down as I daisy chain the burners off the same cable. Kind of confusing. I wonder how much of my CPU is used for each copy session.

What is the proper way to do this, I have heard of so many people doing this but no one knows how. Someone must know how to properly set this up.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

again, the slow-down is your CPU... so doing more than 1 at a time adds the overhead of multitasking, so it won't be any faster.

6. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Yea, first you are going to need a multi-processor box.