How do I burn a working DVD in Tiger?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by manchild, Dec 16, 2006.

1. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

I've got some .avi and .mov files that are on my Macbook Pro. I want to burn these files to a blank DVD disk so that I can watch it on my xbox 360. I've got DVD+R's if it matters, and this is what I've got on the media specs on the xbox 360. I've currently got the full Toast 7 Titanium, and am willing to pay for most software as long as it'll work on this. The other option is to convert everything to WMV, load it onto my external and then play those but I'd like to have the abilitly to create full working DVDs.

2. clog

clog NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!11

does your 360 recognize your external HD? If so, how did you format it?

3. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

Idk, I haven't really formated this HD. I bought it fromc costco like 3 years ago, its an older version "Maxtor One Touch" Drive, 120 GB with 1 USB port and two Firewire Ports. :dunno:

4. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

Like, I need them to be able to play on any old normal DVD player (Its a 360 and I'm not about to mod this baby).

I tried buring an .avi file that was about 1.6 GB big to a DVD+R using toast. I dragged the file into the window in Toast (in the video tab, not the data disk tab), selected "DVD-Video", Automatic Encoding, Best Video quality, and Cinema Menu Style. Then clicked burn and used 2x speed.
    So, after it was burned and verified etc. I put it into my laptop, and opened it with DVD player. I got video but no sound, however my DVD menus never showed up.

Any ideas?

5. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

in for answer :noes:

6. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

Don't worry about it. Looking at Toast, there was an option for an XViD-DVD, so does that mean if I download the Xvid file I can just burn that?

Anyone with experience with this?