SRS How do I become careless?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kingtoad, Jul 2, 2006.

1. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

How to I become a careless person? I don't want to care about shit anymore. I don't want to care what troubles me or what troubles my friends/family. I'm not saying I want to be an asshole or a dick, I just want to be careless. When something happens, I want to be able to say "Who gives a fuck" instead of dreading on it and eventually depressing me. How can I obtain this mentality?

2. Lazy D.

Lazy D. Active Member

you can't

3. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

I wish I could just not give a fuck about anything anymore. I'd be happy probably.

4. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

welcome to my world....and let me tell you it aint all that great. It isn't bad, just very tasteless.

5. dubrocker

dubrocker sho nuff

lexapro.

6. blueNcream

blueNcream win OT Supporter

i gotta have a fuck it attitude at times or else i'd go insane

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well its like this, if someone yells at you, and you allow that person to influence you, you will get stressed and upset.

My brother told me you should stop having an interest in what those people say, if the work you perform or any given thing that you do isn't satisfying in their eyes, well bad luck for them then. There are situations in to which so many people yell at you, if you give it interest then you will get stressed. What you have to do is to keep a distance of these kind of people, and don't fall for their horrible behaviour. They don't care if you feel stressed if they yell at you, so why would you care about what they say or take any kind of interest in what these people do. The earth will keep spinning around , and tomorrow there will be another day, no matter what happens. Its hard ,id give you that much, but it must be an attitude change within you saying' i don't give a fuck' , the fun for them ends when you stop caring about what they say, act asif these people don't exist. If its a superiour (cheff/boss) you just wear a mask and do what they say, but in your mind you don't give a fuck, its just so you get money, and that money isn't worth stressing yourself about, a job isn't worth it dying in stress for some money. Its not even something you should worry about if they threaten to fire you, you see if a boss wants to get rid of you, honestly he/she will get rid of you no matter how you act/react , somehow its like that song of frank sinatra of 'i did it my way' where he sings ' what is a man, and what does he got, if not himself , he has not , to say the words he truelly feels, and not the words of a person who kneels' i faced it all and i stood tall, and did it my way.

Well that actually is the way how you should react, your boss really isn't any superior its just a dumbass title given by society, he aint more or less human then you are, so stand up for yourself, and don't care about what these people say purely have a lack of interest into what these people say or do, often because they have a title they think they are allowed to yell at you, but reality is that 'you are allowing these people to walk over you' , therefore its you who has to give a swift turn to the situation and lack the interest that is needed to worry about things that these people say.

I mean its not WW3, where not in an emergency situation so there's no need to stress about anything.

8. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

think before acting... it's as easy as that.

i used to act before thinking and it would end up causing drama. just breath and think first.

9. Electric_Church

Electric_Church New Member

wow this post is going to make my life a whole lot better

thank you :)

10. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

it is pretty much a mindset.. tough to do though. you've got to wake up in the morning, tell yourself it is going to be a good day, and then follow through with that. when something shitty happens, remind yourself that you promised that today would be a good day. try to look at the good side of things.

ie. this shitty thing happened, it is bad because ______________, but it is also good because_________________, and it taught me that________________. then convince yourself that the good things outweight the bad things.

ibeasiersaidthandone

this will more or less bring the better things out front, instead of just not caring about anything

11. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You lose your worry by conquering your mind. Until then, you will be a slave to your emotional reactions.

12. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

Jesus, I haven't put that much thought into anything in decades :ugh:

13. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

:ugh: maybe you should give it a shot... it will probably make you a happier person

14. toeshoes

toeshoes Guest

k

15. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

lol.

thanks.

16. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You can laugh all you want, but I never met a buddhist monk with your problems. They're all really, really happy. And I'm not suggesting you devote your life to meditation. 10 minutes a day would have an enormous effect. This isn't some religious kookism. There's plenty of good science on the benefits of meditation. But yeah, remain uncomfortable in your comfort zone. I mean, if you have to help yourself, then why bother? Better to do nothing and just complain.

You're like a totally sedentary person who is morbidly obese saying, WHY!? lol Because you never exercise. Same thing, him with his body, you with your mind.

17. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Very true, yoga and meditation, is what got me out of a huge depression, sure i'm still dealing with things in my life but when I stop devoting that sacred time to myself, letting go of ego and mind, and being, i become agetated, affraid, worried and miserable.

18. One experience that might help discipline your mind, while help making you less at agreement with the status quo, involves reading SF. Hogan's "The Two Moons" has just been republished, his Voyage from Yesteryear questions every assumption about our "social fiction" and is one of the most optimistic reads of all time.

Clarke's "9 billion names of god", along with above mentioned, makes great exercise for the imagination, i.e.- intelligence, especially of the social kind.

But, good luck! :cool: