SRS How do early risers do nightlife?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dio Seijuro, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

I have never been an early riser, but I know a lot of people are. They get up at 5~6 in the morning, every morning. I don't particularly have a desire to get into this habit, but have always thought that I can do it if I want to except that I cannot imagine how somebody can do nightlife on a regular basis once they are settled into this pattern.

So, I need to get some perspectives from actual early risers. Do you do nightlife? Let's say you hang out with friends or go out and don't go to bed until 1~2 AM for multiple days in a week, how can you not be exhausted?

2. sonicsuby

sonicsuby New Member

Only speaking for myself, but I'm not that interested in going out all night anymore. I used to be, and did fairly frequently. My wife was a bartender, so we were always at the bars, staying out all night, etc. For a while, I was working nights and I'd go meet her at 4 AM and we'd go do something. Now, I'm in to other activities, like bicycling, so I spend time with my friends early in the day generally, then have dinner with non cycling friends, wife, etc, and am usually home by 10-11 on weekends (at the latest). Most nights I go to bed between 11 and 12, though last night I went to bed at 10, and last Friday I was asleep by 9:30. It was glorious. I can manage to stay up till 1 or 2 and get up at 6 or 7 every once in a while, but I don't really like to.

3. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

I'll go out some Sunday or Monday nights; however, I'll need to catch up on sleep one of the following days to make it.

4. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

I havent heard of anyone doing it multiple days a week 1 or 2 maybe

5. campn87

campn87 New Member

I am the type of person that just can't sleep in whether I go out or not...

I can function on 3-4 hours if I have to. I am studying abroad at the moment, so there is a lot of going out and having to get up for classes. 9 out of 10 times I am just groggy and perhaps still a little drunk when getting up, but after a couple of coffees and shower, I'm good to go - then back for a nap when I get a chance...

6. OniMinion

OniMinion ...recalls when this forum was actually about cars OT Supporter

Three to four hours of sleep? If I drive on that after 3-4 days of it I'm going to crash my car.

7. illspace

illspace New Member

When I was younger I could go out 2-3 times a week, now that I'm older (24) I can only go out late maybe once a week. I cant sleep past 7 am, so its very difficult.

8. campn87

campn87 New Member

yeah...

I don't drive, operate heavy machinery, or really do anything that requires intense focus on a daily basis....so maybe keep that in mind
    :)

9. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

Well I work 40 hours a week too, my work hours are 9 to 5 (or 6 if I go to lunch for 1 hour). I usually do stuff either at home or go out and go to bed around 12:30 to 1:30 and get up at 8:30. As you can see I only get up to have just enough time to get ready for work. I know that getting up at 6 everyday is supposed to make me feel energetic all day, but I wouldn't enjoy my 2.5 hours of free time nearly as effectively in the morning as I would at night...I can do everything I might do in the morning at night, plus the possibilities of nightlife, movies, hangout etc.

I suppose it does make sense that if you are an early riser voluntarily, you don't care for the kind of activities that are only available at night to begin with.

10. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny I Doubt It

typically if you have to start waking up early you shift your entire schedule to conform to that. I wake up at 8 am, never stay out past 11 on the weeknights and rarely past 2 on the weekends.

11. Dio Seijuro

Dio Seijuro New Member

Well okay if you are an early riser involuntarily, that kind of doesn't apply to my topic then. I am interested in voluntary ones. Perhaps not very many voluntary ones happen to enjoy night time activities. I am just curious if there are those who do, and how they manage it.

12. jeeps4u

jeeps4u OT's Master Tech

a. they can function on very little sleep
    b. drugs

...seriously

13. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

No.

I used to do the 3-4am thing when i was 10 years younger 5, 6 nights a week and have to be up and ready to rock n roll for school or work at 8am. I did it just fine after a few weeks of getting used to it.

my pattern was set by going to school in the morning and being out at 1ish doing all my homework and studying for a few hours before work 5-11 and then I'd meet a few friends for a couple hours. Now, it wasn't hard partying and drinking all those nights, maybe 1 or 2 at most so it was easier to get up.

Now i'm doing the "night life" thing till about midnight with my wife 1 night a week which is usually Satuday so I can sleep in till about 7 or 8 on Sunday...6 if I'm playing golf.

I just have no interest in going out anymore and frankly I don't think the wife would allow it :o...but life takes over, I own a growing business which takes all my energy out of me for the week...so it's hard.

14. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

With caffeine and will power. :dunno:

15. airbball23

airbball23 Rent this Space only $5/mnth

I can only go out on Friday and Saturday nights but even then i feel super tired by 12-1am. And if i go out on friday nights - idont come home until 4-5am and i try to wake up by 12 so i only get like 7 hrs of sleep which isnt even so i'm drained the rest of the weekend.

16. hawk_196

hawk_196 Light Yourself on Water

take midday naps

17. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

I get up around 6 in the morning, I fall asleep usually by 2 in the morning so I function on around 4-5 hours of sleep every night. That is a pattern I have got used to, very little sleep so it's easy for me to stay up for long periods. So short sleep allows me to pull those all nighters.. and I have sleep issues anyway so its easy to stay awake.

I have to stay busy that is my problem I can't sit still. I do sit still if I am with one particular friend and just having conversation or watching tv. Coarse I'm here now but that's cause I'm unwinding from my work day. Very rare and I do mean rare where I want no attention, no one around and time to myself.. relax time.

I do ponder that some day how this will affect me long term, health problems or car crash because I was incoherent or fell asleep at the wheel.

Am I exhausted? Sure, I just deal with it though because I have to work to earn money but want my freedom and fun to.

18. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

I would do it when I was younger early 20s, I'm an early riser now 5am for work and don't go out late anymore during the week only weekends. I just got used to working on little sleep during college I guess :dunno: I don't use caffiene or pills to stay awake either.

19. Saluki

Saluki New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13337/458; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

I'm usually up by 5:30 in the morning to go to work, during the week I definitely don't go out but on the weekends I usually do and can stay out as late as I want without it effecting me much...mondays are usually pretty brutal but the rest of the week goes just fine.

I haven't gone out during the week in a long time...4 years or so prolly since straight out of high school my best friends had jobs operating heavy equipment so they started work around 5. That really sucked at first but now I get bored less when we all go partying, bar hopping, or weekend road trips with the 4wheelers.

20. Clancer

Clancer New Member

I have a really fucked up sleep schedule right now, and sometimes I just randomly wake up at 7-8 in the morning even though I go to bed at 4-5. Then I just sleep here and there throughout the day, after class or whatever then and Im up all night playing video games or probing the internet.

I really wish I could just go to bed at 11-12 and wake up at 8-9, but that never happens. Sometimes I realize that its past 6 in the morning and decide to just not sleep at all for a day, then crash for all of the next day :sad2:

21. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

My job required me to get up at 5am and it sucked. I still went out though anywhere from 1am-4am, one time no sleep. My next day was hell and I couldn't go to sleep after my shift.

22. kristaliah

kristaliah New Member

Naps.

I get up around 430 for work, home by 2 and then nap til 5. Then I can stay awake til midnight or 1 and do the same thing all over again.

For hte most part a lot of early risers don't really go out at night. Not everyone is into the nightlife scene (ie me) so for us, those early mornings are no big deal.

23. Daria

Daria New Member

wtf lol. get 8+ hours, then you'll feel energetic. I get up at 5:30AM and feel like ass all day if I'm not in bed by 9/9:30PM.

As for nightlife, the only time I could ever do it without making myself sick was when I was working nightshifts and I would go clubbing on my days off.

Now that I work during the day, and early, nobody understands why I'm so tired when 10PM hits. They think I'm sick or something. Well it's totally normal to be tired after getting up at 5 and working your ass off all day on 5-6 hours sleep.