How creepy is asking a chick out on facebook?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by k1ko, Jan 31, 2010.

1. k1ko

k1ko OT Supporter

Alright so i broke up with my girlfriend about 2 months ago. I think I'm ready to start hanging out with some other chicks again and maybe start dating.

I first met this chick when I was 20 years old and she was 16. I happened to be hanging out with her older sister and was headed to grab food when she asked if we can drop off her younger sister and her friend at some teen club. I said that's fine, picked up the younger sister and dropped her off. It was really uneventful and I ended up totally forgetting about her. Well fast forward to about 1.5 years ago, I happen to see the younger chick at a mutual friend's house. I didn't remember her, but she remembered me and was very enthusiastic in conversation and very friendly. I was only at my friends house for 10 minutes but got a good impression of her from that short amount of time. I didn't think too much about it though because I was dating the girl I just broke up with at the time. When I got back home later that night, I found that she had already added me on facebook and I accepted her as a friend.

So to keep a long story short, I have had no contact with this chick since that time at my friends place. I never saw her out any bars or clubs even though we have some what mutual friends. However, I really thought she was cool from when I met her and would like to take her out. Obviously I would MUCH rather see her in person and get her number that way like a normal person. But I have no idea when that time will ever come. My friend is having a party at ghost bar next weekend with bottle service. He suggested I just drop her a note on facebook and ask her if she would like to go. I'm hesitant on this. What's the vags' thoughts on how weird or creepy just coming out of no where on facebook and asking a chick out?

2. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

Facebook is 'normal' nowadays, especially with the younger crowd. I see nothing wrong with it, although there are those that would (and will) disagree.

3. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

can always ask her number, then ask her that way

4. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

If I were to ask a girl out on facebook, I wouldn't "ask" her. Not in that medium.

I would drop her a message that said something like:

"Hey, I'm going down to 'x' place on friday at 7 PM and would love to hang out with you. Hopefully I'll see ya there"

Or something of that manner.

Odds are, that most girls will fire back with an excuse or something as to why they can't go, but it's not really that particular date that I'd be interested in. It's the dialogue that gets opened that I'd be interested. Because if she came back with a positive response, it would give me an in to continue the dialogue, perhaps get her phone number, whatever.

Because coming out of the blue with a "Would you like to go out on a date with me" out of the blue probably wouldn't be received as well as "ok, I'm doing this with or without you" kinda thing, but I'd like to see you.

If she shows up, then is the time that I'd treat it like an approach, talk with her, have fun with her, tease her, whatever...and then get her number at the end of the night.

5. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Ask her "what about your number" and then text or call her.

Avoid facebook or use it as last resort.

6. k1ko

k1ko OT Supporter

thats kinda weird though asking her if she wants to join me somewhere out of the blue right? i haven't talked to this chick in 1.5 years

7. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Yeah, probably.

In this case, I'd start a dialogue with her first. "Hey, how ya been? yadda yadda yadda"

Have a little back and forth and then lead the convo towards a "welp, i'm gonna be HERE at such and such a time. you should come hang out with me."

8. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

It's only as creepy as you make it. Open up the lines of communication via facebook and go from there.

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Not creepy as long as you don't act creepy.

Act like it's natural.

10. Girder_Shade

Girder_Shade OT Supporter

this is :bowdown: advice.

most of the time when I approach chicks because I'm so nervous it comes off as being creepy. :hsd:

11. 2397

2397 OT Supporter

Since you've met her before and she added you so quickly after seeing you again, I don't think it's creepy. If anything I'd be concerned about the age difference (unless you don't think she cares).

12. Deborah

Deborah Seeing is believing, but I don't want to know.

I've had people I didn't know asking me out on social network websites or IM and I found it creepy. But you two have met before, so I don't think it's that bad.

13. mattz87

mattz87 Active Member

Some chicks it works some it doesn't. All you can do is try and see.

14. haargerman

haargerman ayuh.

I asked a girl to dinner over facebook chat the other night.

she told me to ask her when I was sober.. :rofl: