how common is it for girls to bitch about not being married?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by antihero, Aug 5, 2007.

1. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

edit: title was supposed to be "how common is it for girls to bitch about...." dunno what happened there.

Is it even a red flag anymore when you are 27 and girls start bitching about being unmarried? "my younger sister just got married and now my whole family thinks im a loser.... etc" :ugh:

I mean I hear it and my first reaction is that I'm not even dating you yet and you are already making me want to run like a pack of vicious commitment wolves are after me. On the other hand, societal norms really don't make it all that unusual... right?

she also just casually mentioned that sometimes she will have sex like once a year. :rofl: This girl is pretty and fun, but man does she suck at getting a date.

if you were me would you take her out? keeping in mind I have absolutely no interest in marriage at all and a huge interest in having sex within a reasonable 2-3 dates. maybe 4.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  2. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

what harm do you have to lose by going on 3-4 dates? Are you passing up a lot of other potential girls?

3. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Keep in mind that she might just be venting about people bugging her about getting married and that might not reflect how she feels. My friends are all engaged or married and are always asking when it's going to be my turn but my boyfriend understands that that doesn't mean that I'm chasing a wedding ring. I'll get married when it's right and when I'm more settled. By the way, I'm only 22.

4. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

If I try weeknight dates that could work without costing me too much in opportunity cost... I dunno, I'm more just thinking ahead.

Im most definitely about as commitment averse as they come so I really don't want to get involved with a girl who is in a rush to get married.

eh.. you are right though. She's fun so I might as well.

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Funny what people consider red flags. You are a commitmentphobe so any talk of marriage or other LTR prolly turns you off where as I just see it as her being comfortable enough with you to talk about certain things. Prolly would have been best if she didn't talk about it tho.

6. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

:werd: The last guy I dated was too immature to realize that. One of my friends would get engaged and I would say something like, "I'm glad she's happy, congrats to them." and he would freak out. Some kid would be screaming in a restaurant and I would say something like, "My kids are not going to behave that way." and he'd freak out. I finally had to tell him that I didn't see a future like that with him so he didn't need to worry about it. That relationship went south shortly after.

I'm currently dating a guy that recognizes that things like marriage and children are parts of life just like jobs, family, etc and can be talked about without implying anything. We've discussed our views on marriage and kids without thinking that we're definitely planning on that. At this point in our relationship, we're planning on that future together, but the point is we were able to talk about it before we knew what we wanted from each other.

Give her a break and see what happens. Unless she's butt ugly and awful to be around, she'd be married by now if she really wanted to be.

7. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I definitely wish she had thrown something like that on the end instead of just sounding like she was buying into it.

8. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

It prolly never crossed her mind that it would affect you the way it did.

Why not give her the benefit of the doubt?? You can always bring it up later if it's still an issue for you.

9. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Hey, you might be right. She might be in a rush to get married. There are plenty of girls out there that are on the hunt for a husband and will push you to commit. But you never know. Hell, it doesn't hurt to ask her. I know that guys have taken things I've said the wrong way to think that I was really pushing things with them, and I wasn't. I hadn't even thought about a future with them yet. I guess I'm just saying that if you like the girl and she seems fun, make sure she's really marriage/wedding crazy before you write her off. What have you got to lose? :hsughno:

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I hear girls my age who complain about it :rolleyes: The older they get the more they feel like society thinks they are freaks for not being married yet...If a girl you just start dating talks like that...I'd honestly run away.

11. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

but i don't really want to date 19 year olds, and i don't want to not date either... :hs: at some point ive got to come to grips with the fact that most women are going to want to get married, and that at 27 i might either be at the point or have passed it :wtc:

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Well I can definitely understand not wanting to date 19 year olds. It doesn't sound though like marriage is really on your mind, which is fine because not every woman is obsessed with getting married (at least not the kind to blab it out early in a relationship like your new girl!). You should never feel forced into anything. It just kind of worries me that you might settle, because there is nothing worse (imo) than people who get to a certain age and settle just because they think they should be married.

13. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

I completely agree. I'm only 22 and all my friends have already gotten married or are engaged. It freaks me out! They were all telling me I should have married my last boyfriend because "it gets so much harder to meet people once you're out of college!" Well I didn't listen, didn't marry him because it wasn't right and I wasn't ready yet, and I'm with a much better guy now.

What exactly did she say about it? Did she just say something about how her family bugs her? Or did she actually talk about how she feels about it?

Bottom line, if you like the girl, see her. If she pushes marriage then either talk to her about it or get out. Just don't do something if you're not ready to do.

14. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

Find a divorced 27yr old. Then maybe you might have a win win situation.

15. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

no worries on that account. I'm 100% certain ill have let the perfect girl go at least a few times before I settle.

my finger is always close to the eject button when the marraige radar starts blipping :hs:

16. lauren

lauren Active Member

werd.

i've mentioned marriage several times in the past few months because i'm surrounded by it. just now am i seeing how such casual banter could be taken as a negative imposition.

i wouldn't consider it bitching or anything noteworthy...i certainly don't want to get married anytime soon, but i'll probably just shut my trap about it anyways.