How can you have aftermarket A/V receiver on an '08 Honda Civic?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by pharmokan, Apr 20, 2008.

1. pharmokan

pharmokan OT Supporter

the fuckin console isnt your ordinary box shape, its like all big and shit, i dont want to buy an adapter frame. can i actually just get aftermarket speakers for the car cause the fuckin stock system is beyond shitty. what i mean to ask is, is it possible to use the stock receiver with a aftermarket speakers + amp? i want to know if its possible to amplify mids / subs on the car using stock receiver with effecient compatibility.

the reason im asking is cause i dont know if the aftermarket receivers have a special pre-amp feature that is compatible with amps while the stock receiver does not... or do i even need the pre-amp feature or is that only a plus if i want to amp my sound

2. Smorgan

Smorgan New Member

You can use a LOC to add the RCA outs for an aftermarket amp.

Kef

3. funkbucket007

funkbucket007 New Member

What the above poster said or you can replace the factory deck. Either buy the kit (from Scosche for example) or get the factory piece from Honda that's used on the navi. equiped models for a perfect match.

4. pharmokan

pharmokan OT Supporter

sorry whats a LOC is that a wire converter?

you're saying the stock receiver shouldnt have 2 channel out that go to the amp

5. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

if you're looking to do a whole system, look at something like a memphis 6ix or the rockford 360.2 or JL cleansweep.

6. JohnAG

JohnAG OT Supporter

The JL Clean Sweep or Rockford 3sixty are great choices for keep the factory head unit.

7. JohnAG

JohnAG OT Supporter

doh, beat me to it.

8. tjamz

tjamz New Member

9. pharmokan

pharmokan OT Supporter

damn that JL cleansweep is 300 bux. im gonna have to shell out atleast 600 bucks for a decent sound system :sad2:

i thought i could just get a sub and aftermarket speakers and that would be all but then i read up on crutchfield how stock receivers have special settings to make shitty speakers sound better and clip them from popping :wtc:

10. Xtreme Racer

Xtreme Racer Get Some Dome

There's a lot more options other than re-q, jl cleansweep...

I noticed you said the cleansweep is 300 bucks..I have one sitting at my work for 49.98 :mamarou:

You could also do an alpine pxe-h650, however doing so you'll need atleast a 4 channel amp, and an amp for a sub UNLESS you go with something like alpines pdx 5 or jl's a6450. Doing so, you'll only be able to run a 10 and give it "decent" power.

If you REALLY want to change out the head unit and replace it with a video unit....do it. My friends got an 08 Si 4dr and all he did was buy the factory nav bezel and everything fit, perfect.

11. MaximaDrvr

MaximaDrvr Member

A memphis baby belle or big belle would also suite the purpose for a 5 channel amp.

12. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

Kenwood makes a "controller" for aftermarket intergration. I don't recall the model #, but if you visit www.kenwoodusa.com and go to the car audio section, it is listed there.

edit: it's the CarPortal