SRS How Can People Be So Screwed Up? [Rant]

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by black pearl, Oct 22, 2006.

1. black pearl

black pearl New Member

I don't have many friends ... I'm the kind of person that believes that in life, we have choices, and just try your best and make the better choice right? Knowing how screwed up and just dumb people can be, I try to ignore it. I don't want to believe that every new person I'm gonna meet is gonna be another prick. But I don't understand people. My best friend introduced me to some of his friends .. I thought they were nice people. I welcomed them into my house, let them party at my house .. eat at my house .. even swim in my pool .. whatever you know? I was just trying to be a welcoming hostess and be a good friend. Anywho, one night at dave and busters, I run into one of his friends. I say hello, gave a quick hug .. asked how he was doing .. chitchat for a bit, and then we went our seperate ways ... next thing I know he's going around telling everybody I was trying to make out with him. Telling all my close friends that I was trying to makes moves on him .. Every new person I've met so far out of high school has been really screwed up. Usually I forget about it, and just move on. But frankly I'm sick and tired of trying to stay positive and be a nice person in general. What the hell is the point of being nice when everyone else is just gonna screw you over? Whatever happened to common dencency and just being polite. Every new person I've gotten to know and meet eventually turns out to be totally screwed up in the head. How the hell can you stay positive when you have so much crap wearing you down? I try my best and be a stone, become harder. Try not to give a crap .. but it's just not me. I don't have a mean bone in my body .. how the hell does everyone deal with this crap? :eek3: I guess partially due .. I can't be an prick because my sister is a crazy sociopath .. doesn't care about anyone but herself. All my life I've seen her blame everyone else for problems .. especially wearing down my parents who love her and do anything for her. How the hell can people be so screwed up to someone that's nice to you? [Sorry for the long rant]

2. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

because people have to lie to make themselves feel better.

and you're absolutely right. if you are overly nice about everything, it WILL go unappreciated and the world will just walk all over you. Toughen up a bit.

3. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

I don't know what to say about this.
    You sound like a nice lady.

Here is how I view things.
    At an old job I had we had good management for a while. I had a boss (Judy) who I connected with in a way that I will never experience again. The people above her were good people. It was a happy little family.

So this guy Shane comes into the picture. Apparently Shane went way back with one of the owners of the company. Shane was nothing special. A college dropout. He had (has) drug problems.
    Shane was a dick.

To Shane nothing - not family, not honor - NOTHING was more important then having SOMETHING that resembled a carreer. The punchline was that I worked in telemarketing. How much of a career can ANYONE have in that industry? And even if you can have one you got to be out of your mind to want one.

Well Shane did everything in his power to advance. He took every opportunity to walk over other people. He ALWAYS had someone to blame for his mistakes. Shane always took credit of other accomplishments. See Shane had a card that no one else had, he was on a first name basis - buddy buddy with an owner of the company.
    Eventually Shane orchestrated the firing of Judy. He wanted a job above hers. But to get it he had to get hers.
    I came back from vacation and she was gone.

Judy is a good person, hell a great person. She got walked over and scammed by Shane.

I have thought about this often. Here is the thing. Shane fooled NO ONE. Everyone that worked with him or under him knew what he was. Shane didn't care either. The only person that Shane wanted to fool was his owner friend. I can't speak from the guy, but considering Shane's ability to advance he must have been succesful.

But at what price?

I got my flaws. Hell, I have some pretty big ones. But I would like to think that I am not regarded as an asshole. If I came into work and found out that all of my coworkers felt like I was an asshole I would feel like I had been a failure as a human being.
    And the thing is, Shane is an asshole. There is no denying it. Everyone agrees on that.
    When I look deep inside myself I am left wondering, how can anyone be happy with himself when that is his standard for treating others?

What I am trying to say (and not doing a good job) is that people like you Black Pearl and me have standards in our life that we feel strongly we have to uphold. I would like to think that my standards of my own personal conduct to others and my standards for loving my family and friends are VASTLY MORE IMPORTANT TO ME then my job.
    I would like to think that makes me a better person then Shane is. When someone like Shane walks over me I just remind myself who I am.

And when that doesn't work there is always Karma.
    I believe in Karma. Oh I believe in it. Karma isn't instant. You don't have something bad happen immediatly for doing something bad. But it is real and it catches up to you.
    Shane has his coming.

Don't sweat it. You are a good person. That should be good enough for you.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its like this , we live in a world that is filled with darkness and hatred. People are afflicted by this and act selfish. The meaning of life however is to love and help other people.

Its different in your situation however, girl attention towards a guy like a hug will be interpretated sexually. You don't seem to see the sexual signals you are sending out, if you are nice to a guy this can be misinterpreted, think you where an absolute bloke in nothing seeing this, but that's not a big problem because most people don't understand that everybody sends out signals. You should assure yourself you are sending out the right signals towards your enviroment.

You know, the problem also is that you don't understand that you are living in the light, while those friends of yours are living in darkness. Continue with how you are, just don't let people walk over you. Keep on bringing light and love into this world, hang on to it even tho it can be hard sometimes.

5. Socrates

Socrates New Member

It's a cruel world, but people telling you to not change and just be a good person are wrong.

You teach people how to treat you, no matter what. You control your relationships with people, and how things happen around you.

If you are getting treated like shit, then you need to set out to finding out why things are happening the way they are in your life, and what you can do to change it. Whether it be reading books, taking seminars, talking to professionals, or whatever have you, do it.

Life is far too short to not be in control of your reality.

6. black pearl

black pearl New Member

I think I need self help books or something .. I try to toughen up, not be an prick but just be a bit more stronger .. and it's not that easy. I see flaws and mistakes in people .. but I try to look past that. nobody's perfect. I'm not but I'll strive and try to be a better person .. if anything it just makes me sad that people always walk all over and are horribly mean to nice people. I do believe in karma .. strongly actually. I know that in comes in due time, but sometimes I just wish people would just remember common decency .. I dunno .. just trying to avoid my dark side I guess :hammer:

7. Userdoesnotexist

Userdoesnotexist awww...doggah...

You can always choose what kind of people to let into your life and who to keep as aquaintances. From the sound of your story, it didn't seem like you've known that guy for too long, so maybe a hug was a stronger expression than one would have expected.

There's no reason for you to be nice to everyone. Decide for yourself who is worth it and who isn't, and make a stand. I'm sure you'll be a lot happier that way especially once you've realized that your time and effort is not going to waste.