How can I uninstall this?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lateralus, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I downloaded a screensaver, it was a .zip file, I unzipped it and installed it. Turns out the screensaver is not what I'm looking for, so I want to get rid of it but it doesn't show up in my add/remove programs list or anywhere else for that matter. Should I just search and delete all the files that came with it or will that screw something up?

2. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

Does it show up under your Program Files? If so, see if it came with a uninstaller.

3. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

No nothing is there either, there are files in my c:/windows folder and it shows up in the list of screensavers in my desktop properties.

4. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

5. sleepy71

sleepy71 Guest

Look in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. It'll have an .scr extension. The name should closely resemble what you see when you're in Desktop properties.

6. col_panic

col_panic calm like a bomb Moderator

when you "installed" it, did you actually run an executable? is there an uninstall shortcut in the start menu? did it create a folder in "Program Files" that might contain an uninstall.exe?

7. Mugatu

Mugatu Ask me about market research. OT Supporter

:werd: hopefully this is all that it installed and you can get rid of it by doing this. Also check your Program Files directory to see if it installed anything in there - as above, look for a directory with a similar name (or the name of the company that wrote this piece of software).

8. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Thanks a lot guys, it was actually in my C:\Windows folder, I found the files and deleted them and now it's gone :)