How can I tabulate my calorie intake with my diet?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Jonari, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

I currently live at home, and my mom usually makes our native (Indian [dot head]) food with bread, rice, soup, and some type of vegetables. I was just curious how I can try to calculate how much I'm taking in, so I can try to eat in proper portions without going overboard.

When I say soups - I don't mean tomato, chicken, etc etc.

Also, I went to my school health center where my heart rate came out to be 172 beats/min :)ugh::ugh::ugh:) only after 10 minutes of cardio w/ BF of 14%. I plan on doing cardio atleast 4 times a week to burn as many calories I can. Generally, how many calories should I burn in order to effectively reduce my BF.

sorry for the long post

2. irKevLar

irKevLar New Member

You calculate calorie consumption the same way anyone else does. Just because mommy makes all the food doesn't mean you can't get off your lazy ass and investigate how each meal is constructed and in turn determine calorie counts for her meals. Figure out the percentage of the total meal you eat to figure out how many calories.
    If you're saying you don't know how many calories are in each food stuff then check a website like nutritiondata.com
    It's a lot of work but it's teh only way you'll know.

3. Drewski

Drewski New Member

fitday.com

just input the ingredients as best your can figure them out

172 seems way high, how old are you?. IBtheyare'tdoinitright

4. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

im 22

i was on the treadmill with some type of black belt that was wrapped around my chest...i had to keep a steady pace of 4.5mph for 2 laps...:wtc::wtc:

she pulled out the chart...for my age...it was considered as "cardiac conditioning highly recommended" :wtc::wtc::wtc::wtc:

5. Frazz

Frazz New Member

tabulate everything that goes into food, but it in calculator like calorie count or fitday

idk bout heart rate

3500 cals = 1lb of fat

6. Houndstooth

Houndstooth New Member

cardio alone I think it'd be tough to drop the bf. You need to get on a caloric deficit. I used to eat a shitload of rice every day till I realized that it made up like 1/3 the daily calories I eat.

7. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

indian rice ftw! :bowdown:

you guys make me fat :hs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.